Boggart

Now I really wouldn't tell anyone that I had a feeling this year's DADA class wouldn't be bad, especially when everyone was making fun of the teacher. "Have you seen his robes? You'd think Dumbledore paid him enough to get some new ones." Daphne comments shaking her head as we walk to the class. I nod along as Blaise starts speaking. "He looks so underfed too. Skinny as hell, even more so than a lot of the models I meet." I roll my eyes at Blaise's comment and walk through the open door and into the class. We all took seats near the back and I sat with Daphne. "Hey, I never really hear you talk about your boyfriend anymore." I turn to see Daphne's eyes widen just slightly before she gives a fake chuckle. "Nothing special has gone on recently so there's nothing to talk about." She looked slightly panicked but before I could question it Professor Lumpin began speaking. "We will be having a practical lesson today. Follow me." He proceeds to walk out the door as the rest of us stand up and follow. "Are we having a practical lesson? It's been so long since the pixie incident." I hear Maven remark to Draco. We all walk into the staff room to see Professor Snape. He takes a long sweeping look at all of us before walking out, not before greeting me and Maven. "Today's lesson is about Bogarts. What can anyone tell me about them?" I see Granger raise her hand to answer the question. I didn't expect him to not pick her instead saying, "Mr. Emrys, would you please answer." "It's a shapeshifter that takes the shape of your greatest fear." Maven states. Lumpin nods his head and continues."Boggarts are reasonably common usually found in dark places of houses but are easily handled. Does anyone know the incantation?" "Ridiculous." I loudly respond. Granger turns to me glaring. "You weren't even called that's,-" "Cheating?" I mimic her high-pitched tone. "Yes, it is actually." Maven of all people respond. He sends a wink Granger's way making her blush so red you'd think her head got transfigured into a tomato. "Well, then why don't you expel me I'm so sorry I answered a question." I sarcastically remark not at all liking the way he was backing up Granger. He must have noticed me side-eyeing him because his mouth tilts up in a small very sly smirk. He comes behind me and leans forwards whispering in my ear, "Don't get mad about little old Granger or do because it'll make what happens next a lot more fun." I don't respond just crossing my arms over my chest and looking straight. I hated his close proximity to me it made my body shiver from what I assume is disgust. He doesn't move from behind me. The professor continues a small lesson on Bogarts before calling up Longbottom. The entire class begins laughing when professor Snape dramatically saunters out of the wardrobe. He says the incantation and instantly the professor is wearing old woman's clothing. Everyone gets in a line while music begins playing. Each of them tackled their fears making me think more and more about mine. I was scared of more than one thing that's for sure. I was behind Potter in the line and began to get anxious. For as powerful as I am and how brave there are things that a part of that I strongly believe any other person wouldn't be able to handle. When potter steps up a dementor shows up. Nothing really escalates from there as Lumpin stands in front making the boggart change into a full moon. That was a very peculiar fear. Once the boggart was taken care of Lumpin locked it up saying that class was dismissed.

My friends were quite bummed about them not being able to see what their fears were despite them being relieved that they weren't displayed for the whole class to see. I took note and met with Lumpin privately to ask him if my friends and I could see our boggarts privately. He understood and told me to meet him in the same room after classes were done. I rounded up all my friends and Maven, dragging them to the same room. "Merlin Nyssa, can't you tell us what this is for?" Daphne asks. I roll my eyes. "Can't I do anything nice for you without you pestering me trying to ruin the surprise?" She shook her head which I ignored as I led them into the staff room. There stood professor Lumpin. "Ah Miss Pendragon, as per your request you all may try your boggart." All of them turned to me grinning. "I heard all of you whining yesterday so I decided to do something to stop my ears from falling off." I was very puzzled as to why they wanted to know their fears so badly as most Slytherins would opt not to. Daphne went first after all the boys chickened out. Her fear was turning into a simpleton and getting disowned by her family for it. Matteo and Draco had fear linked to letting down the family. Blaise had a dream where he became ugly and no one ever wanted him again. This really showed me how rooted our fears really were. It wasn't spiders or clowns it was fundamental fears. None of them wanted to disappoint their families or lose the thing their families praise them for. They're scared of being abandoned, or unloved. Maven went next and the boggart showed him on a throne but it changed to him in chains and being thrown to the ground looking ragged, his powers seemingly gone. It was understandable as someone with his power wouldn't want to give that up or his thrown. "Nisha?" Lumpin questioned. "Would you like to go?" I looked around to see eyes on me. Taking a deep breath I move forwards and the boggart begins to change. Soon it shows my dad holding his wand out. "Nisha, this is for your own good. You must learn the consequences of disappointing the family. And don't even think of running to your mother or I'll do this to her." He takes a step forwards while I take one back out of instinct. I knew he wasn't really there but it felt so real. I was petrified by it. "Crusio!" As soon as the words left his mouth the boggart changed to a mirror. Inside it was a mirror image of me but my arms up to just before my elbow were pitch black and glowed purple. My face looked sadistic and I wore a ruling smirk on my face while blood covered the ground. Out of nowhere the dead bodies of everyone I held close appeared. Their eyes were hollow and empty while blood trickled from many different places. My mum was closer to me than most. Her eyes were foggy and blood trickled out of her mouth. I look back at her to see her still smirking. "You did this. We did this." It was like I was in a trance I couldn't move I couldn't speak I was frozen. That is until someone touches my shoulder making me absentmindedly raise my arm and cast the spell the mirror shattering into diamonds. I didn't realize I was crying. Of all the things I was expecting, feeling as real as it did wasn't one of them. I still didn't register anything that was going on after. Voices were muffled and it felt as if my head was underwater. I just walked to the common room heading straight to my dorm. It wasn't even the fact that I saw the fears it was the fact that now all my friends and Maven knew. Maven knew. Great, this was definitely going to cause problems.