Quidditch

It was Halloween today and nothing special took place in classes, other than Professor Quarrel not being able to get more than a few words out before fainting. Apparently, he's been doing this all day. Charms was nothing special either. Levitation charms are something I learned quite young, so Draco and I messed around in class. I made a bunch of books float up and made different shapes at his command. Flitwick gave me 30 points for it. Later that night everyone made their way to the beautifully decorated great hall. Floating jack-o-lanterns littered the hall and the food was very extravagant. After taking a seat I barely got two things on my plate before the doors banged open and professor Quarrel rushed in looking pale. "Troll- in the dungeonw- thought you ought to know." He told Dumbledor before fainting. This caused an uproar of yells. Dumbledor didn't let it go on very long as he spelled a bunch of firecrackers to go off and silence everyone. "Prefects, lead everyone back to your houses." "Isn't the troll in the dungeon?" I hear Draco remark. Even though he looked petrified, he still grabbed my hand and kept me close making sure to keep an eye on every direction during our walk through the dungeon. That's what I loved about Draco he was very caring and made sure to protect those he loved and act strong even if he was terrified himself. Once we safly made it in all of us took a seat near the fire. I lied down on the couch with my head in Draco's lap and my feet kicked up as I listen to the discussion that was now taking place. "For all of Dumbledor's geniouse why in Salazar's silver beard did he allow us to go into the dungeons?" Daphne asks. She was leaning next to Matteo who I had seen keeping her close to him as they made their way through the dungeon with us. "Maybe he cast a spell on the rout to our house?" Blaise offers. "Then why not just cast a spell to block the castle from trolls in the first place?" Maven interrupts. "Even then mountain trolls are very stupid they wouldn't be able to get in without help." I input. "Of corse you would know aren't you one?" Maven asks with a smirk. I just roll my eyes not in the mood to deal with him. "Theres no point dwelling on this anyway. Let's talk about something else." and that's what we did. We talked about a bunch of things until my eyes started to get heavy. "Thatnks for always looking out for me Draco." I tell him before closing my eyes. "I always will, Nyx." He kisses my head before i fall asleep. 

Sitting in the common room I was writing an essay for transfiguration. My mind was completely focused that I didn't hear my name being called. "Nisha." A voice said hitting my arm. I snap to attention and look behind me to see Marcus Flint. My eyes widened as the legendary Slytherin chaser stood before me. Slytherin hadn't lost a game since he joined the team. "Hello, Marcus," I said standing from my spot on the couch to properly greet him. "Nisha, I was alerted of your flying the other day. I saw some of your flying for myself and I'll say that you are very gifted. I want to teach you under my wing on how to play the game. You'll be our reserve player since your only first year and can't play, and since I'll be training you to replace Cassius." My heart was pounding in my ears, I couldn't believe what was happening. "That sounds great I'd love to," I respond with a smile on my face. Marcus smirks, "Good. Welcome to the snake games, Queenie." I smirk in response.

The first night of training came and I began making my way to the pitch. My mother had sent me a new nimbus 2000 as it was 'unfair that they were breaking rules for Harry and that they could bend one for me as all I'm doing is training'. Walking onto the field a smile found its way to my face and no matter how much I tried it wouldn't go away. I got a feeling of completion and calmness on the pitch. Any stress or worry I had, had melted away and I felt at peace. Closing my eyes for a moment a sigh escaped my lips as the cool evening air breezed past me. "Queenie!" Marcus calls and I open it looking to my left to see him walking over carrying a big box. I walk over to him as he set it down. "I assume you know the rules?" I roll my eyes giving him a look that screamed 'obviously.' He smirks and opens the chest. The bludgers that were chained down began trying very hard to break free. "Ah, I see you got here early." Derrick the team beater walks over with a shiny silver bat and someone trailing behind him. I begin to give the person behind him a death glare."Faye, what are you doing here?" Maven says with a bit of a smirk. "The better question is what are you?" "Maven here is training to be a beater to replace me next year." I just continue to glare at him. "You'd be better off having a bloody snail be a beater. " "I'm sorry wasn't it you whose broom I hit and made spin-off?" I scoff crossing my arms over my chest. "Alright enough let's get to it. I want 20 laps from each of you now." Marcus didn't need to tell me twice as I grab my broom and shoot up to the sky Maven not far behind. I smiled as the cold hair hit my face. I absolutely loved the feeling as I began pushing my broom faster and faster. Maven also did abs we were both going as fast as we possibly could. Darrick was ordered to give 10 laps for warm-up by Marcus, as he is team captain, and he couldn't keep up with us. The second I hit 20 I dive to the ground neck and neck with Maven as I pulled up last second jumping off my broom. Our feet touched the ground at the exact same time. "Alright, Derrick get your arse down here. How did they finish before you? This is why you're being replaced!" Derrick just rolled his eyes obviously used to Marcus's short temper. "Take Maven over there and teach him the basics, I'm going to see how well Queenie here can keep up," I smirk at what he says as we both take to the sky a quaffle in his hands. "Let's see how you keep up with some basic formations." Marcus passed me the ball which was easily caught in my hands. Going through formations for about an hour, flaying as fast as possible while throwing and catching the ball, was fun. I dare say that Marcus's constant yelling and belittling was fun too. After an hour of my taking shots on Marcus, he got tired of how he wasn't able to catch one of my balls. He got tired of it pretty quickly. "Alright, Derrick bring him over!" Marcus calls as we all meet in the middle of the pitch. "Alright next we are gonna do some of our formations as they rain bludgers down at us." I could tell Maven was excited, it was an excuse to hit me, why wouldn't he be? Flying up we start and I shoot forwards catching an incoming quaffle. Doing a barrel roll to the left I doge a bludger. Chucking it back to Marcus and diving to be under him he drops it to me and shoots to the right to avoid a bludger and begin going to the hoop. I shoot the ball but a bludger hits it midway to the hoop which I was able to dive and catch going up and doing a trick shot to get it in. "Alright let's head back down." Once we landed I hop off my broom onto my very soar legs. "I'm very impressed with both of you. No one has ever been able to learn formations and get balls past me on their first try, and no one has the precaution you do to hit Bludgers. The next practice is tomorrow at night. Don't be late." He added his threatening bit in the last sentence which made me grin.