The start

The argument started off as something small and stupid. At this point, the thing it started off as was long forgotten. We were in a screaming match now and I'm sure my mum could hear it back from our castle. "Why the bloody hell do you have to do it around me!" "Because the whole point was to fucking annoy you!" "Yeah it worked and now we have a mudblood following us around thinking she has the fucking means to pick fights with me!" "Good! You can rip her to shreds so I'm doing you a favor!" I started laughing at this man's audacity. "A favor? I can't even walk through the halls without her trying to hex me because she thinks I'm trying to steal you from her!" "Why are you complaining it's not as if she could land a jinx on you! Plus why wouldn't she think that everyone wants me!" "I fucking don't. You're not that desirable and I'd rather Avada myself than be with you, because at least I have some class and brains!" "You have brains?" I roll my eyes my anger boiling by this point and I could tell his was too. He walked forwards with a scowl on his face. He put his face directly in front of mine his silver eyes piercing mine with his glare. I glared right back. "Yes, brains!" I yell in his face. "Well, at least I don't have a dad that abuses me for getting a test answer wrong! You don't have the fucking brains to get out of your own abuse!" The second he said that I slapped him. The sound echoed through the empty hall we were in. He almost fell to the side once I did. He realized what he said too because his face softened just a bit but mine was as hard as stone. "Fuck you, Maven." My voice shook as I said it and I just walked away. I was clenching my fist trying to keep myself calm so I wouldn't do anything too rash because if one more thing was said to me I'd kill someone. What was it that I did that pissed him off so bloody much? Most of the time it's him picking fights with me. I wanted him dead and it was really hard to keep myself from making that a reality.

Maven POV
My cheek stung but I knew I deserved it. Even I knew what I said was too far. I knew I should apologize but I don't know how to go about doing that with her. Plus she was too pissed off right now for anything so there's no point worrying about that now. I walk down the empty corridor that we were screaming in heading for the dungeons while holding my cheek. The second I walked in Draco looks up and sees my very red cheek. "Did Nyx,-" "Do this, yes," I reply. He stared at me for a few more seconds and I sighed. "It was my fault." Every time me and Nisha would have a fight Draco would ask who's fault it was so he could give advice on the situation. "What did you do?" "Something that would earn me a slap in the face from you too," I tell him taking a seat across from his by the fire. "Then you need to apologize." "I know I do but I can't do that now. She almost killed me over ice water you think I'm trying to get disintegrated?" Draco scoffs at that. "All right but mate you need to because if it's that bad you might finally become dead to her." I knew what he meant. Nisha cared about me. Even though it's a very small amount she cares enough to pay attention to what I do. If I become dead to her then there's no more playing around with us she'll be as cold as ice towards me. She won't care about Granger or anything at all. She won't even look my way.

The first time I tried to apologize in a corridor she spelled me against the wall and walked past like I was a common Gryffindor. That went on for the rest of the day. When Granger came to the Slytherin table I shooed her away almost instantly. Granger must have noticed me trying to talk to Nisha who acted like I didn't exist. I hated it and it was driving me insane. All the making fun of things, the whole dating a Gryffindor wasn't fun without her reactions or smart comments. One day about a week later I had tried to talk to her about five times and she either ditched me, jinxed me, or started acting childish. I was making my way through the dungeons to see Nisha walking the same way. This was my chance. If she doesn't listen to me I'm giving up. Walking forwards I grab her and shove her against the wall grabbing both her hands and pushing them by her sides. She was looking at me like I was crazy. "Listen to me, ok?" "No thank you last time I did I had to physically restrain myself from finishing what I started last year." She sneered at me trying to shove me off. "Alright I get it you hate me, likewise by the way, but I just want to apologize. I know I took it too far and I'm..sorry." She stared at me few seconds as if waiting for me to tell her that I was joking. Her brown eyes were searching mine for any trace of a lie. When she didn't find one she rolled her eyes. "Then get on your knees and beg for my forgiveness. Also, get off me." "See now you're getting too big-headed. Plus I quite like this position." "The only big-headed person here is you, now get on your bloody knees and beg for my forgiveness," I swear this girl is going to make me strangle her one day. I still had her pushed against the wall. "I'm not going to wait around all day." She glares. I move away from her and slowly start bending my knees placing both on the ground until finally there I was sitting on my knees looking up at her smirking face. I bloody hate this. "See now this is a position I quite like." She smugly said tapping my nose. I just glare at her. "Now come on Emrys." She taunts in a sing-song voice. I let out a long sigh. I knew she was never going to let me forget this. "I'm very sorry for what I said will you please forgive me?" She was still smirking as she moved to walk past me. "I accept your apology but I still hate you." She sasses strutting away while lightly swinging her hips. I caught myself looking and quickly look away.