Sudden death?

On the ride back to Hogwarts everything was as back to normal as possible. Maven and I stayed as far away from each other as possible and didn't utter a word to each other. There was still a certain uneasiness whenever Maven and I were in the same room as each other, everyone just waiting for someone to try and kill the other. Over the first few weeks, everything went as smoothly as possible. Professor Lockheart continued to call on me in every DADA class allowing me to earn a very significant number of points to contribute to our future win of the house cup. If things continued this way no amount of last-minute points would stop us from winning so long as we got the Quidditch cup. The match against Hufflepuff was also fast approaching and everyone knew our victory is inevitable, as much as the puffs might be good at heart they don't have the best quidditch players. Practices were also becoming very dangerous. Maven was still, understandably, pissed at me for what happened at Yule. So now he's taken it upon himself to try to kill me every practice. I have to spend more mind on where his bludgers are going and where he's at that a lot of my shots were becoming risky. Marcus obviously noticed what was happening so he decided to put Maven on me for protection which did nothing to help Maven's pissed-off self. It was finally the game day and I stand beside Draco in the boy's locker room waiting for the game to begin. "All right you all know your roles. Just remember to bash some heads on the way to victory!" We all cheer in unison for the spirit of the words before hoping on our brooms and doing a lap around the field. Once we were in our positions Marcus crushes the Hufflepuff captain's hands before flying up and the game begins. I easily catch the Quaffle and dive to avoid a Hufflepuff chaser quickly making the first goal of the game. "Flint to Montouge back to Flint to Pendragon and score!" I hear Lee comment as I make my 6th goal of the game. That's when something happens. Maven decides to take the tip of his bat and shove me off my broom while I was waiting for Marcus to steal the quaffle. I let out a small yelp and grab ahold of his bat as he holds my bodyweight. I see his silver eyes flash gold a menacing look of pure hatred on his face as he stares down at me. I suddenly feel my arms begin to stretch from my body and bite down on my lip till I taste blood to hold in my screams. "Now the little princess knows what it's like to have your arms almost wrapped from your body." His lips twist up to form a snake-like smirk as he increases the outwards pressure on my arms making a small high pitched squeak come out of my mouth. At the same time, I felt the feeling of shadows all around me. I had to concentrate on keeping them away before he suddenly stops the spell and my arms let go of the bat in pure relief that they were still attached to my body. I feel a rush as my body pellets to the ground my arms aching in ways that hours of sword training couldn't even match. "Accio." I mutter as my broom comes towards me. I didn't have time for weakness I had a game to win. Grabbing ahold of my broom I quickly pull up and narrowly miss the ground making my way to the middle of the pitch where Marcus throws me the Quaffle. I continue to play the game the very strength I needed to bloody grip my broom making it seem as if I was hanging from one arm off of a cliff. Every time the pain got too much I pushed it down and just played harder instead. Everyone had seen what happened but lee made it seem like it was all an accident and I went into a deep dive for 'dramatic effect.' I continued to get all my throws in gaining a 200 point lead on the puffs before the snitch was spotted and Draco catches it. Once I land I quickly go over Draco giving him a hug in congratulations as the rest of the team runs at us giving a group hug. We had just won our last game! We won the Quidditch Cup! For once Marcus wasn't yelling or threatening anyone but he was saying how happy and proud he was. It was weird but it happened. All of my friends run towards us joining in on the hug as everyone had a mini celebration that we had won the Quidditch cup. When we were dismissed from the field I quickly made my way to Severus's class making a quick pain relief potion directly linked to the spell that was used, instantly my arms stop hurting and I could almost cry in relief. Later that night me and Daphne get dressed in small party dresses. She was wearing a nice dark green tight dress that went to her knees as I wore the same type of dress just in a clack. We put a minimal amount of makeup on and head downstairs where there were food, drinks, and music. I walk over to the foods table and grab a few chips looking around to see many older year kids dancing around. The first and second years were all sent away while exceptions were made for team members and their friends. Our group got together and all the boys were dressed in black or green dress shirts with black pants. Blaise begins congratulating me on our success claiming I was the one who made it happen. I roll my eyes at this before the cake was brought out. It was round with a makeshift pitch on the top and small chocolate figurines of us zooming on tiny chocolate brooms throwing a small red, round, gummy bear as the quaffle. An amused smile lit up my face as I saw the whole thing. Marcus grabs a big knife looking around, his eyes landing on me. "Queenie, get over here." Like a child, I giddily run over. Who was I to turn around cutting a cake? "After all she was the main reason for our 200 plus point lead!" Everyone cheers loudly as I cut into the chocolate cake cutting myself a large piece. I wasn't about to watch everything I do for my 'image.' I won the game and I'll be dammed if they're going to tell me I can't eat a bunch of cake to celebrate. The rest of the night is spent eating food, talking Quidditch, and dancing. I actually enjoyed myself in contrast to the balls hosted by the elite. I find myself forgetting about everything for a small period of time. 

Days passed and I was sitting in the common room half-listening to Blaise rant about how his mother was making him model her new fashion line, and a half reading a transfiguration book. Draco soon barges in with Greg and Vince behind him just as Matteo takes a seat on the same couch as me. I opted to get comfortable and lie down in his lap as I continue with the things I was doing before. Vince and Greg take a seat on the couches opposite to me as Draco takes a seat next to Blaise who was still going on about modeling. Draco had a frown on his face and I drop my book looking at him. "Draco, what's the matter?" He looks up and Blaise stops speaking only to glare at me. "So you ask him questions but don't about what I'm telling you? I bet you weren't even listening!" I roll my eyes ignoring Blaise and awaiting an answer from Draco. "Saint, Pottah is the problem, Nyx." I roll my eyes mentally groaning at the fact that I had gotten myself into listening to yet another stupid conversation. "some people are actually stupid enough to think he is the Slytherin Heir." "He did speak parseltongue maybe he might be able to control the snakes too?" "Who's side are you on?" Draco glowers. "I'm obviously on yours we have been over this Draco, Matteo is the heir. Potter just has stupid gifts from banishing Matteo's father." I pick my book back up seeing a bit of red in Vince's hair. He must have caught me looking because he puts his hand up glancing at Greg. "What's going on with you two?" I ask as they both stand up. "Stomach ache." they both mutter before practically sprinting out of the common room. That was strange, to say the least, but a stomach ache wasn't that far off since they stuff themselves full of sweets all the bloody time. I go back to reading my book before Blaise begins whining and I ask Matteo to throw Blaise into the lake. That got him to shut up and leave claiming Maven would listen to him better. "Good luck with that!" I call as Matteo picks up a book for himself to read knowing I'm not moving my head from his lap till I finish my book.