The Return

The number of books I need for DADA better mean that the class will be at least halfway interesting or I swear I will curse the teacher. Walking into a very overcrowded Flourish and Blotts with my cousins and Uncle Lucious as well as my father trailing behind us. Saying the store was packed would be the largest understatement of the year there was hardly any space to take two steps. "Ok, this is a bust and waste of time," I comment waving my hand while reading the names of the books we need, 3 copies of each floating towards us. That's when I spot the reason behind all the commotion Harry Potter was taking pictures with Gilderoy Lockhart. Harry begins to make his way towards the back when my cousins begin taunting him. "Bet you loved that didn't you Potter?" Draco sneers. I decided I would pipe in as I was still holding a grudge over the lost Quidditch game and house cup last year. "leave him alone." A tiny redheaded girl states walking in front of him. "My, my big bad Harry Potter needs his little girlfriend to save himself. Guess being a Gryfindor lost its touch." I taunt. The young girl went red clearly having a crush on the said boy. Granger and Weasley made their way over. "What are you doing here?" Weasley sneers glaring at me. "To get school books obviously." I gesture to the books that were still floating above our heads. They all stared up in awe. "Weasley the real question is what are you doing here? Do you even have enough money to pay for those books or will you be leaching off potter as you do for everything else?" Matteo states. Ron went red and dropped his books into Granger's arms stalking up to us. I moved in front of my cousins and sized up to Weasley who was a lot taller than me. "What's the matter, you sure talk a big game so hit me? Or are you too afraid to hit a girl?" I taunt my face in the air looking up at him with narrowed eyes. I was daring him the only question was whether he was going to take the bait. Like the stupid child, he is he takes it and goes to punch me before he can in a second Matteo has him lifted by his collar and Draco is yelling at him. Mr. Weasley makes it in time to see everything but my father and Lucious did as well. "Arthur, I suggest you teach your boy not to hit girls or there will be serious problems." Lucious sneers. "I'm not surprised as a family of your standing can't afford to teach every child how to be a decent human being you're too busy trying to find ways to support your overlarge family. Next time I'd suggest not having more kids than you can take care of." My father inputs as we all walk away to pay for the books. Matteo drops run and roughly bumps into him causing him to stumble into Draco's outstretched elbow. I smirk knowing that my family has my back and even if they weren't here I could take someone as pathetic as Weasley. The next stop on our list was to get new robes as all three of us had grown a considerable amount. After a very boring resizing my father and Uncle leave to go do a bit of 'business' leaving my cousins and me to go get ice cream. We were standing in line and I was talking to them about how I was so ready for tryouts and how sword fighting helped me gain so much muscle that the boys won't even stand a chance. Once we ordered I pull out my pouch of galleons to pay when Draco grabs it straight out of my hand. "What are you doing?" He questions with a scowl on his face. "Paying?" I said it like it was a question because I didn't know what the problem was with me doing it. "That's absurd who said you were allowed to?" Matteo asks rolling his eyes and handing the woman three galleons while he picks up his ice cream and Draco picks both his and mine up. "Honestly you two are so overdramatic, we're family I don't mind paying." "It's not about us being family it's about printable, a lady should never pay for herself especially is she the princess of the wizarding world." Draco's remarks sounding so much like his mother. I knew it was Narcissa's influence ever since we were kids it was drilled into my cousins to protect me, treat me to whatever my heart desires, and do the same for any lady. Their upbringing was taught properly and it was thanks to Narcissa. The whole overprotective part was uncle Lucious"s doing, I once walked in on him giving both of them a lecture on ways to protect me and which situations call for it. Sitting down on the small round table outside I enjoy eating my ice cream as I look around at the busy streets. "Nyx, what do you think of the Lockheart character because I heard he's to be our new DADA professor?" I stop picking at my ice cream and stare at Matteo. "Please tell me you're joking." When he doesn't reply I let out a groan. "For all those people that call Dumbledor a genius they really need to re-evaluate his choice in professors, that... man is the farthest thing to a capable wizard you could see. He probably can't even take care of pixies let alone teach us how to fight vampires and dark spells." I rant stabbing my spoon into my ice cream. Draco chuckles at my antics earning him a kick to the shin. "Ow, what was that for?" "Pissing me off." I huff slumping back in my chair. I wanted a competent professor why did Merlin have to confuse that as incompetent. Lucious and my father show up a few minutes later saying it's time to go home. I kiss my cousins on the cheek and hug them and my uncle goodbye as my father and I apparate home.