The Hippogriff

Care of magical creatures had me excited. I always loved magical creatures, and although my preference may be dragons I don't mind getting to know a few other types as well. I had all my friends in this class the only downside being we were stuck with the Gryffindors. "Follow me." Hagrid calls leading us into the first and to a clearing. "Open yer books." "And how exactly do we do that?" Draco questions scowling at his belted book as many other students pull out their own books tied with belts or ropes. "You stroke the spine of coarse." "Of course." I mutter sarcastically stroking mine and instantly feeling the book that was vibrating trying to get out and calm down. Longbottom instead got practically eaten by his book as Hagrid disappeared to get the lesson. I take off my black robe leaving me in my buttoned-up dress shirt and black skirt my tie loosely hanging on my neck as I take a seat on a giant boulder nearby. "I think they're funny." I hear Granger remark. "oh yeah terribly funny, really witty. God this place has gone to the dogs wait until my father hears that Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Draco comments chuckling as a lot of my friends plus Maven back him up. Potter starts walking forwards while saying, "Shut up Malfoy." Draco goes to size him up. He makes owl noises while doing so staring down at Potter as he's quite short. That's when Draco starts making fearful faces as he backs up a bit yelling, "Dementor! Dementor!" Everyone whips their head to look back as all the boys put their hoods on making scary noises. I laugh at the action with Daphne. The same girl, Pansy I think her name is, laughs as well staring at Draco. I knew she had a crush on him before but I bet it got bigger because of his new look because she was looking at him like she was in love. I turn back to look at the scene to see Granger walking up making a face at Draco as she turns Potter around to go back to their group. I roll my eyes at the action. Soon enough Hagrid comes back with a Hippogriff. I jumped down from the rock moving forwards with a big goofy grin in my face. I looked like a kid on Christmas morning but I didn't care as I began to get closer to where Hagrid was. The Hippogriff saw me and began walking forwards. Without saying a word  I jumped the fence in an almost trance-like setting. Once I had I immediately bowed and the beautiful grey Hippogriff bowed back. He instantly comes towards me nudging me as Hagrid and the rest of the class stood shocked. "You're beautiful." I cooed petting him. "Very well done Nisha. His name's Buckbeak, would yer like to ride hem?" I smiled still staring at Buckbeak. "Yes, I would." I levitated myself onto his back as he was too big for me to get on myself and no way was I letting Hagrid touch me. Once on I grab a few of his feathers and he takes off running at first but then really flys. This was a different type of freedom with flying. Brooms were much faster but there was something calming about riding Buckbeak. He flies over the school and towards the water. I bend down to touch the lake water the smile never leaving my lips. I scream in delight as buck beak does a twirl and we make our way back. He lands and I get down from him giving him a final pet before walking back over to my friends. "Did you see me? It was amazing, oh riding him was amazing. It's so calm and it's like you're not alone up in the sky!" I ramble to my friends the smile still on my lips the whole time. "Harry yer up!" Hagrid calls. He walks over and it takes him much longer to get Buckbeak to bow as well. He basically goes on the same ride I did. Draco rolls his eyes when Harry lands. "They all give applause to him but where was yours?" Daphne mutters bitterly. "She didn't get it because she cheated." Hermione said with her arms crossed. "How did I cheat?" I ask confused because there was no possible way I could. "You never let Hagrid choose who to let Buckbeak meet." "You're saying that as if you didn't back up just now when he asked, 'who next.' Also, why would I? So he can just pick his favorite student?" "That's not fair!" She cries but I just roll my eyes. "No, I've had it up to here with your little special Gryffindor treatment! You can't just go around breaking so many bloody rules and then come back and say we can't or we are! Weasley and Potter put the whole wizarding world at risk just to get a slap on the wrist whereas if I had done it I would have been expelled and been considered lucky to not end up in Azkaban." She glares at me. "Good you can join your stupid uncle when he's caught and your crazy Aunt." That's what did it. I didn't even bother to control the shadows and just let my dark sideshow as I curse Granger. I lifted her into the air and performed the same mouth sewing curse I did for Maven all with a sadistic smile on my face. "At least now you won't be saying things about my family that does not concern you. Let this be a lesson, if you ever talk about my family again I won't hesitate to do much worse than what I am now. Believe me, Granger, when I say this is me restraining myself. " Then I send a few more curses her way before I put her down Hagrid yelling at me along with Weasley trying to throw himself at me. Matteo and the boys were stopping anyone trying to stop me, I was surprised to see Maven helping them. "Detention! Miss Pendragon." Hagrid told me before picking up Hermione and taking her to the hospital wing with Potter and Weasley trailing behind. Matteo just walks up to my fuming self and hugs me trying to calm me down. It doesn't work that well and I look down to see my pitch-black fingertips. The color faded and I felt a bit more relaxed. I counted this as my anger deflating over time. Draco who was a bit annoyed by everyone commenting on Potter began to walk to Buckbeak. I didn't know Draco was going to be stupid about it but if I had I would have stopped him. He proceeded to insult Bucky and then complains when he gets scratched. The logic of it was non-existent but hey he's family so I let go of the lecturing until after we had gotten him to the hospital wing.