I'm better.

The day after Yule I was seated by the fire in the same room I normally do. "Hells, Nisha." My father greets walking in with my mother. "Hello," I respond. "Little one, as you know, sword fighting has been a very sacred part of our family. We believe it's time you learn." I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited. My father then waves his hand and a very long rectangular box flies into the room. The wood was a dark brown and had designs carved into it. Gold dust seemed to have been poured into crevices making the dark wood shine a bit. I moved closer my eyes never leaving the box as I lifted a hand to run it along the carvings. "Open it," Father says, and I grab the latch and lift the lid revealing a magnificent sword. A velvet purple cloth lay under it. The sword itself has a black handle with a silver blade. It was long and the silver was lighter than most swords. There were dark silver dragon wings where the blade met the hilt. Dark silver designs ran down the blade with a ruin saying, Queen. "This is Morgana's Blade," I state my eyes widening. This was one of the most sacred positions of our family. It was her shadow sword. She tamed dragons with it, killed armies, and created portals as well as her beast. No legend was clear about what it was but it was so destructive whoever crossed her, regardless of the numbers of their army, perished. "It's a bit too big for you and you need to learn how to control shadow magic before it's given to you, but when you come of age it will be passed down to you." My mother gently states. "Until then you will use the blade I did when first learning swordsmanship." My mother lifts her hand into the air and a beautiful sword, that was more suited to my build, materializes. Its blade was a regular dark silver with a golden handle. I lift my hand and grip the handle. It's like something in me clicked because at that moment something felt right. Swords felt right. I make a move to slice down and the sword follows in suit. It was like we were connected. It knew what I wanted it to do and the second I move my arm it happens. "My love, I think she might be better than you she understands it perfectly." I hear my mother tease. My father playfully glares at her before smiling down at me seeing me trying to slice the air. "Perhaps we should take this outside and avoid you breaking our living room, Nisha." I nod at my father absentmindedly still captivated by the sword. It was like I could still feel and hear everything around me but all of it was second-hand compared to the way the sword felt. We had quite a large field outside our castle. It was just a large stretch of grass that I used with training brooms. The garden was next to it with a crystal greenhouse not too far from it. Once we had made it outside I wasted no time trying to puncture the air. I lifted my arm diagonally up lounging forwards with the motion while twirling the other way and stabbing the air in front of me. I turn my head to see my mother wearing an impressed smirk and my father with a look of pride on my face. "Beautifully done little one. Looks like we can get basics quickly out of the way and get to the fun stuff." My mother walks towards me and lifts her hand in the air. Morgana's blade fits into her grip as she continues walking towards me the smirk still evident on her lips. "Swordfighting has been in our family for generations even before Morgana's time. Since we are related to King Arthur the two siblings grew up learning the beauty of it. Now it's your time to excel in it." She stops in front of me and in an instant brings her sword down on me. My body moved on its own my sword going to block. The sound of sword clashing on sword sounded like music to my ears. The second I blocked my mother I let out a taunting chuckle. "Looks like I'm even better than-," I didn't get any more words out as my mother dropped to the ground and swept my feet from under me. I fall backward landing with an "Uff," as the air was knocked from my lungs. "Never, underestimate your opponent and never get overconfident. It's never over till it's over." I nod once to show I understood before getting up. "Keep your legs bent at all times and don't tighten your arms until right before you hit the other's blade. This will increase how fast you can move and how flexible you can be." I do as she says keeping my arms loose and my knees bent as I held my sword at the ready. This time I attacked first pushing my feet forwards as I went to hit from the side being blocked by my mother. I quickly move into my next attack from under, putting all the force I had just before my blade clashed with my mother. This caused my mother to stagger back even if only by a foot. I was smirking now and continued my assault. Moving to hit each other we took turns hitting our blades against each other before my mother did a move where she twisted my blade in a way it caused me to drop the blade as my hand twisted in a painful way. My mother held the blade of her sword an inch from my eyes as I stare up at her. "My turn." My father calls walking over with his own blade. This one was larger than my mother's by an inch and was a bit bigger in build. His had a black handle with a dark silver blade that got lighter as it got closer to the tip. It had a dark blood red ruby cut in the shape of his family crest where the handle met the blade. "That's a beautiful sword, father." I compliment taking in the details. "It was Mordrid's dark blade in his era." I nod standing at the ready. "Begin." My mother calls from the side. My father attacks first. I go to block and I could feel his strength in the blows. I zero in on his movement absently taking in how he moves and the moves he makes. I continue blocking but got pushed backward. I had to turn us around so when he goes to do a vertical strike, instead of blocking, I twist around him. I got knocked off my feet when I turned to lift my sword as my father's hilt was pushed into my gut. I lay on the ground taking in heavy breaths holding my stomach. It wasn't hard enough to cause harm just enough to leave a bruise and knock the air from me. "Well played Nisha. You are exceptional for your first time." I smile up at my father as he holds his hand out for me to grab. Once on my feet, I look over to my mother who was looking at me in admiration and pride. "I think that's enough for one day we will continue every day. till you go back. to Hogwarts." I go to give my mother my sword till she pushed my hand back to me. "You may keep it in your room. Your father's yule present is waiting for you." My eyes light up and I glance at my father before hurriedly making my way to my room. Sprinting up the stairs two at a time and running down the corridor to my room, I shove my doors open to see a sword display holder on my wall over the round table I normally use to keep all my books, which now was littered with homework I had gotten over the break. I gently set my sword on it before turning to see something new hanging from my bedpost. It was the holder for the sword. The holder is a sleek matt black with gold designs going down. My two family crests are etched into it. It was also attached to a belt of sorts that I could strap around my waist to walk with a sword at my hip. I grinned as I ran my fingers over the leather. I look back over to my sword that was hung on the wall, truth be told I never wanted to stop but now that I had cooled down I realize how sore my body was especially my arms. I was also sweating a lot and decided to shower to freshen up before I would finish my homework.