The blood stained walls

I walk with Matteo down the halls as we head towards our common room. Many people were walking the halls next to us. All my friends and Maven went ahead because I insisted on having my favorite dessert and no one wanted to sit around just to watch me eat. Matteo was nice enough to stay behind because he claimed, "Someone has to you would kill someone left unchecked." I had just thrown my fork at him which he caught with surprising skill. I proved his point while doing that so here we were walking to our common room. "What's the difference between sugar and chocolate?" "Sugar is healthier." I shrug. "Did you just say it's healthier?" "Chocolate has a lot in it plus added flavors, sugar just adds sweetness to the strawberries. It's called liking the finer thing in life." Matteo laughs at me. "I think chocolate covered-," he stops mid-sentence and mid-step grabbing me to stop me as well. I look to where he was starring to see the Gryffindor trio standing in front of a wall with a dead Mrs. Norris and blood writing on the wall. Across the hall I see Draco and Maven standing with many other students starring at the same thing. "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened? Enemies of the heir beware?" Maven reads out loud. "is that blood?" I whisper ask Matteo as he just grabs my arm holding me closer to him as his response. That's when Mr.Filtch barges past me and Matteo. "My cat! My cat! What happened to Mrs. Norris?" He sheiks before his eyes land on Harry. "You!" He screamed looking as if he was going to kill him for what happened. I sure hope it happens. "You! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll,-" He's stopped by the arrival of the teachers. "Argus, come with me. You too." Dumbledor says gesturing to the trio. That's when that blond abomination of a teacher pipes up. "My office is nearest, Headmaster-just upstairs- please feel free." "Thank you, Gilderoy." The headmaster responds, beginning to walk in the direction followed by Potter and his friends. Once they disappeared Matteo and I walk over to Draco and Maven. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask as they had gone down to the common room with everyone else and had no reason to come back. "Draco dragged me here claiming that you two were taking way too long." "Then why are you here?" I question as he never has nor will care about me enough to look or worry for me. "Matteo was with you he's my number one priority and because I was dragged by a certain arsehole." I smile at Draco. We all begin walking back down to the dungeons. "Matteo, chamber of secrets, we read about it that time I read Hogwarts a history with you against your will." "I'm sorry you did what?" Maven asks amused. "He was staying at my house for the night and I wanted to read the book since it was on our list of books we would need. Matteo being Matteo didn't want to read it so I put him in a body bind jinx and sat on him as I very loudly read the whole book to him." Draco and Maven both burst out laughing as Matteo glares at me. "Anyway, there was something in there about the chamber of secrets belonging to Salazar Slytherin and how he kept a beast down there. If it's been opened then that means the beast can get out. It must be what killed Mrs. Norris. It was also said that the best can be controlled by the heir of Slytherin, meaning any descendant of Salazar." "How do you remember this much of a book you read first year?" Maven question scoffing. "One it's called being wise but of course, you don't know, and two because the book had a very funny very memorable memory attached to it." Matteo loudly scoffs shoving me a bit as I giggle. "Wait so any descendant of Salazar could control it right?" I nod at Draco's question. "Matteo, doesn't that mean you can control it?" Matteo seems to understand what Draco was getting at as his dad, Voldemort, was a descendant of Salazar meaning Matteo is too. "Oh my god, Matteo! You're the Heir of Slytherin." I remark as Maven says the password to let us into the common room. "I guess it does." He states rubbing the back of his neck. "Hey, it's not a bad thing for one that means you're literal Slytherin Royalty and second it means that since you can control the beast you can protect us from it if it ever comes down to it." Matteo smiles a bit at that. No matter what Matteo always had this drive to protect, it's why he's so ready to get into fights all the time. He's protecting us from people who talk bad about us or try to harm us, so knowing that I can always use that side of him to see an upside on a lot of things. "You're right." "Of course I am." Maven rolls his eyes at that heading to his dorm while I bid my cousins a 'goodnight' and head to my own.