Heir?

Weeks passed and it was the day of our match against Ravenclaw. Sitting in the great hall I force-feed the fearless and arrogant Draco Malfoy. He was quite nervous as all of our families were coming to watch the game again today. "Draco you need to eat or you'll pass out while flying." I scold holding a piece of egg to his mouth. "I'm not hung-" I don't let him finish shoving the food in his mouth. He glares at me as I take a bite of my own breakfast. Matteo chuckles at the fact I was feeding Draco. He proceeds to glare at Matteo as I take his distraction as a chance to squish his face to open his mouth and quickly push the food in his mouth. I put his fork down and hold my hands up in surrender. "That was the last of your egg, you're done." He still glares at me pulling me to him to nuggie me. "Draco, you're ruining her hair!" Daphne scolds getting up and walking over to help me fix it. Once it was fixed Marcus yells at us to get to the changing rooms.   Once I was standing next to all of my teammates Marcus gives the same speech as last time. "We're against Ravenclaw and they aren't against playing dirty, it's going to be a horrible match but I don't care so long as we win. Bash some heads on your way to victory! You all know what to do." We nod and take off to do a lap of the pitch. I spot my family in the same place as last time. I wave at them smirking proudly as I pass by heading to my position. Marcus meets the Ravenclaw captain in the middle, crushing his hand when madam hooch tells them to shake. The captain's face contorts in pain as he flinches moving away from Marcus who had a blood-thirsty smirk on his face. The game begins and I dive as fast as I can grabbing the Quaffle getting elbowed by a very large chaser who smiles when I scowl in pain. I don't dwell on it much as I easily make it to the hoops and throw a trick shot making it in and scoring the first points in the game. "10 points to Slytherin chaser Nisha Pendragon." Flying to a chaser I barrel roll over him and punch the quaffle from his hands to Graham. He pitches it up to Marcus who throws it to me and I easily make another score. A bludger comes my way and I dive to avoid it flying for the hoop making another shot. I hear a crack of the bludger and it hits the Ravenclaw keeper making his dominant hand useless. It was easier to get shots in and we were getting them in faster too. I fly close to my team's hoops as a chaser attempts to take a shot. I intercept it midway to the hoop and shoot forwards elbowing a chaser who got a bit close for my liking and getting another goal. We were leading by 100 points when Lee yelled out, "Draco Malfoy has spotted the snitch!" There was no way we would get a lead on them so I stop and watch with the rest of the chasers as the Beaters send down bludgers on Cho Chang. Maven hit one that hit her outstretched arm tipping her so she fell off her broom while Draco pushes faster and caught it. "DRACO MALFOY HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH! SLYTHERIN WINS!" I drop the quaffle flying over to where Draco was in the air and hug him midair both of us almost falling off in the process. "I'm so proud of you, Dragon! You did it!" I squeal as Draco hugs me tighter. We ended up landing as our families come overpraising us for a job well done. "Good game, little one." My mother beams hugging me till she cut off my air supply. "Good game indeed." My father comments giving a proud nod. I was happy I was able to make them proud. I look over to see Lucious actually hugging Draco and telling him good job. One thing was for sure cocky son of a bitch Draco was going to have a hell of a time at the party later tonight. 

It was the next morning and Blaise just filled me in on the news of a muggle-born being petrified the night before. "They found the body last night." "Stop acting like the person's dead," I comment scrunching up my nose. Blaise rolls his eyes as well walk towards our DADA class only to see a not on the door saying to go to the great hall. Once we walked in all the tables had been moved and a platform was created. Professor Lockheart stood by Professor Snape who looked like he would rather fistfight a mountain troll than be here and I couldn't help feel the same. As much fun as a dueling class may sound Professor Lockheart was sure to mess it up one way or another.  Lockheart goes on to loudly boast about his skill and says he's going to fight Severus to 'demonstrate' how it's done. In less than a few seconds Lockheart was on his arse as Snape stood tall amusement lighting up his features just a bit. Lockheart was clearly embarrassed and goes on to say he could have blocked it and that it was obvious what spell Severus was going to use. "Professor if it was so easy to detect then why not counter it?" I question rather loudly. His face heats up more as he says a quick " We'll circle back to that question later." Before calling for volunteers. "I choose Nisha Pendragon." Lockheart proudly calls. "can I pitch myself off the astronomy tower?" I mutter to Blaise. "Take me with you." He responds as I make my way to the platform. "Emrys." Snape drawls. I was contemplating whether or not to lose on purpose because I was with Lockheart until Maven was brought in as losing was never an option with him. He smirks at me his eyes narrowed. "Prepared to lose Faye?" I pay him no mind inspecting my nails as I roll my eyes. "Are you?" "Don't need to because I'm not gonna lose." "In the famous words of Maven Emrys, 'that's yet to be decided." We stand back to back walk a few paces and quickly turn around. I cast a protego knowing he was going to want to strike first. I then shoot at him with a body bind curse which he blocks. We were both very defensive so actually getting a hit in would be difficult although we were putting on quite a show for everyone. I go to strike with multiple attacks driving me back before hitting him with a very powerful spell. It was live fire from my hands that hit his shield and broke it as I send a stupefy his way making him fall back. "If that's how you want to go." He wants standing up and hit me with a series of powerful spells. Each time my shield charm falls I put another one right back up again until he breaks through my last one and sends the tick charm my way making me die of laughter. I barely got the counter jinx out of my mouth between my laughs and immediately calm down. We stare at each other for a good few seconds before I yell a body bind curse and he yells stupify. Our spells collide in the middle a bright purple coming from my hands as a dark red comes from his. We both push until Severus shoots a spell in the center breaking ours and making both Maven and I fall back. "Very well demonstrated. Next two please." Lockheart exclaims. "I'll choose Harry." "Riddle," Snape calls as Matteo passes me. "Beat his arse," I whisper as he smirks in response. I go back to standing beside Blaise as we watch Potter and Matteo bow walk a few paces and turn wands up. Matteo was faster than Potter and hit him with a spell making him stumble. He recovered and cast, "Rictusempra." The spell knocked the air from Matteo's lungs as he clutched his stomach taking in deep breaths. "Disarming spells only!" Lockheart called out with panic in his voice. He was ignored as Matteo got up and Severus whispered something in his ear before moving away. Moments later Matteo yelled, "Serpensortia." A giant black snake came from Matteo's wand as everyone close to the platform moved back. I knew Matteo didn't know what that spell would do. For some reason, Potter moved towards the snake. He opened his mouth and began hissing at the sake just as it had turned to a Hufflepuff nearby. Matteo quickly hissed as well only this time the snake listened and moved away from everyone bowing at my cousin. That was before Professor Snape disintegrated it. And thus began the rumors of Matteo being the Heir of Slytherin. 

laying awake one night after finishing a transfiguration essay I begin thinking about the beast rumored to be hiding in the. chamber. Legend also said that only the Heir could communicate with it too. That would mean Matteo would need to know how to communicate with something we don't. Snakes. That day in dueling club Matteo talked to a snake something only a descendant of Salazar could do. But then how was Potte able to communicate with them he would need to have some link to Matteo's bloodline. I think back to all the things said about Harry when he banished my uncle. A lot of people talked about how Harry only survived due to him absorbing some of my uncle's power. Of course, there was another rumor that Harry's mother somehow put a protection charm on him powerful enough to stop the killing curse. I decided to go with the first because it proved my theory. I should think things through at night more often I seem to think faster. I try and go to sleep thinking I'll tell the boys tomorrow morning but after half an hour of tossing and turning while no luck of falling asleep I get up and silently tiptoe to my way to the door of my dorm waiting for Daphne to snore before attempting to open the door. Once I was outside I walk to the boy's dorm. I was wearing a thing pajama set that consisted of shorts and matching dark green, silk, no sleeves top and I was freezing hugging myself as I walk in closing the door and casting a Silencio charm on it. I yell, "Wake up!" Before putting up a shield as all the boys shoot at me clearly startled from being woken up at one in the morning. "Nyssa!" Blaise whines drowsily looking at me through squinted eyes. "It's too early for this." With a huff, he lied back down and turned away from me. "Nish why the hell did you wake us up so early! I swear you're just asking for me to curse you." Maven groans annoyed by my presence. "Tone it down macho man." I roll my eyes. "I figured out what the beast in the chamber of secrets is." That gets Blaise to sit up and everyone's eyes to widen. "See now you're interested, It's a basilisk or a very large snake," I tell them. "How did you figure that out?" Draco asks. "Well, it had to be something that only Matteos bloodline could control. At dueling club, he was able to talk to snakes." "So could potter." Maven chimes in. "I'm getting to that," I tell him briefly giving him a glare before turning to my cousins. "We are in Salazar Slytherins house where the house mascot is a snake and you think what he's gonna put a lion down there? Now for Potter, do you guys remember the rumors that were made about him? Well, a popular one said he absorbed Matteo's dad's power to keep himself alive. That would mean he has some connection to Matteo's bloodline even if it's only shown through his parseltongue ability." "And you figured all this out about an hour ago?" Matteo asks. I nod eagerly. "Huh," Draco says clearly thinking what I had said through. "That means I can control a Basilisk?" "Yes, that's how it works," I reply. "Amazing job Faye, bye now," Matteo says before using his magic to lift me off the ground and toss me out of the dorm slamming it shut behind me. "I hate him," I complain getting up from the cold floor and making my way back to my dorm quietly getting back into my bed and trying to fall asleep.