Duo

I was sitting in the geat hall enjoying my favorite snack, sugar-covered strawberries before a hush falls over the hall and whispers take place. I immediately knew who had arrived as only the Slytherin nobility consisting of my friends, myself, and Maven could cause such a reaction. Draco gives me a kiss on the cheek and sits next to me as Matteo, Blaise, Daphne, Greg, Vince, and Maven all take seats across from us. It was mail time and many owls swoop down landing in front of Draco with three large packages. I stare at him as he opens a letter attached to it. While reading he begins smiling and his eyes light up with excitement. "Nisha, Maven, my father just told me that as a gift for getting on the team he got the whole team Nimbus 2001s. He sent ours personally since they're custom made." He gestures to the three large packages and I waste no time grabbing the one with my family name on it. "Draco send your father a very long letter of my love." With that, I walk over to Blaise and pull him from his seat and drag him out of the hall, down corridors, and through the dungeon into our common room. "Let's open it!" I giddily tell him practically ripping the packaging off the sleek matt black broom. It had a silver design on it and said Pendragon down the side of the handle. The broom had a gorgeous finish making it very shiny. "It's sexy," Blaise comments earning a smack upside the bed. "Blaise please don't make comments like that I'm going to start getting worried about having to pull you off a snog fest with my broom." "You just might." He replies staring intently at my broom. I roll my eyes at him. One thing was for sure we were going to look good at practice tomorrow.

Walking onto the pitch I wasn't expecting Gryffindors to be littering the field, looking moments away from taking off and beginning their practice. Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor team captain, storms over to our group. Marcus makes sure to flash his stylish new Nimbus 2001 the rest of the team follows in suit as we walk to meet Wood in the middle. "Flint! This is our practice time! We got up specially! You can clear off now!" He bellowed positively fuming. "Relax Wood, I've got a note from Professor Snape." Marcus holds out a piece of paper that is immediately snatched from his hands as Woods's eyes travel the page. "You've got a new seeker, beater, and chaser? Where?" He questions looking up as all the boys move out of the way and the three of us walk forwards with our backs straight and heads held up high. "You're the Lucious Malfoys' son, and you're the prince and princess." A Gryffindor player remarks. "Draco's father has proven to be quite generous." Flint counters gesturing to the new and sleek brooms everyone was carrying. Granger who seemed to be on the pitch for Potter then speaks up. "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in they got in on pure talent." "Granger who exactly are you insinuating didn't get in on talent?" I question taking a few steps towards her. She seemed to shrink back a little as she answered, "Malfoy." My eyes narrow as I scowl at her, "I'll have you know that my Uncle gifted us with the brooms after he was owled about our entry into the team, I think someone who is praised for her logic can work out what that means." She seemed to connect the dots in her mind as her eyes widened slightly. "Next time you go making assumptions about my family or team take a good look at yours because last I checked choking on a snitch wasn't 'talent'." She shrunk more away from me as Weasley came to stand by her. "Leave her alone we were well within our right to assume that Malfoy bought his way in." "Those are some big words for someone with a broken wand, you seem to make a lot of bold actions keep it up and it might lead to something else being broken." Maven sneered at Weasley. I knew he was referring to when Weasley tried to punch me on a few occasions, Matteo must have told him. Granger rolls her eyes before turning to leave. "You're right I do like to make bold actions, let's say we make your princess eat slugs." His wand may be pointed at me but the spell shot out the opposite end of his wand. Weasley then begins to sit up after being knocked down by the spell hurling out a slug. I resist the urge to vomit as a put a bit of distance between me and Weasley. "This is exactly what happens when you don't fix your wand like you were warned." I tut as a few Gryffindor go to pick him up and carry him to god knows where the other upside being we had the pitch to ourselves to practice. "Hey, Nyx, do you think that I only got in because of my father?" I turn to look at Draco putting my hands on his shoulders and making him stop dead in his tracks. "Draco Luscious Malfoy you are one of the most skilled flyers I have seen don't start acting stupid on the word of some mudblood. Like I said the brooms were given after we got in so there's no way you bought your way in, plus your ten times the flyer than any other bloke that tried out. Graham said so himself, now let's go over there and show Marcus exactly why he picked the best to be on his team." Draco smiles at me giving me a brief hug before we both got on our brooms joining the others and doing exactly what I said we would.