Summer

To say the first little bit of summer was boring would be an understatement. Don't get me wrong I loved working on my powers and my sword-fighting skills a lot, I even practiced Quidditch moves whenever Matteo or Draco would come over, but it all just got repetitive. One interesting thing that happened was I got mail...from Maven. I was shocked too until I read the letter. Since he found out last year that I'm sword fighting now too his letter was all about the cool new moves he learned and how I'm too stupid to actually do any of them, and how he's so much better than me. Thus began our war over letters. From what I understand we're practically at the same skill level, so all I had to really do was keep a few moves ahead and lead him to believe I was behind. Although I know Maven is a sneaky little bitch so he is probably still at the same standing as me. What I was actually looking forwards to is the annual summer ball. This time my mother was hosting it. I had seen the plans for it and it was looking to be a very nice ball. The theme is warm colors and royalty. So any dress that is red, orange, or yellow, and looks extravagant. Mother never really lets me near the preparation because she thinks I'm going to do something to sabotage her. Either way, it was tomorrow and from what glances I can sneak from the ballroom it looks amazing. Flowers cover the edge near the top of the walls by the ceiling. The ballroom was round and all the windows overlooking the garden are open. Each table has a beautiful bouquet of flowers. The ballroom itself was gold so any light reflected on it glowed giving the whole place a warm look. I was mostly excited to see Daphne and Blaise since I haven't been able to due to their vacations. My dress was already picked out, it was a gorgeous light beige color with flowers going from the top to the waist and a few going down for a nice transition. It also had a slit going up one side of it. Currently, I'm outside fighting a bewitched suit of armor with my sword. Going to attack from the side I hit it with multiple blows making him back up until I hit with a hard one and drop down sweeping its feet since it was off-balanced. I hear clapping from behind me and see Maven. "What are you doing here?" "Father had some business to discuss and insisted I come along." I roll my eyes stopping to take a good look at him. He had gotten taller if only by 2 inches. His hair was still his normal mess that was always split down the middle making him look stupid. His features hadn't changed as he still had a lot of baby fat on his face. He begins walking forwards, I take note his hands are behind his back. I prep myself for a blow from his sword and just as I predicted it comes. I block him and push forwards making him move back. "Someone has been practicing, I knew your letters were fake." "If you know so much then show me what you've got." I respond. He goes to stab me but I move out of the way and bring my sword to the side only to get blocked. He goes to hit but I block again. I try hitting him with multiple attacks to drive him back and it works until he starts using strength in his blows. It was no question as to who's physically stronger, Maven has always been that way but I was still faster. I had to find a way to use his strength against himself but how it's not like he's going to magically start fighting himself. But, if I doge his blows instead of blocking them he'll go off balance. "Is this as hard as you can hit? I'm disappointed." I taunt. He glares at me and goes to swing at my head with full force. Instead of blocking I doge to the side and angle my sword by his feet so he trips. He falls flat on his stomach and I step on his back, the smuggest smirk resting on my face. "Well, that was hardly a challenge," I remark. He just glares standing up not expecting to get beaten by me at all. "I was going easy on you." "Said every person that ever lost. Hey, why don't you start clapping again you seem to do that whenever I win." He rolls his eyes at me. I just walk past him heading back towards the castle. Once I was inside I head to my room only to find a white-haired boy tagging along. "Why are you following me?" "Because my father's still doing business and my only form of entertainment is annoying you." I roll my eyes opening my door and hanging my sword on the wall. I turn around to find maven holding books in his hands. With a wave of my hand, all the books float out of his hands and go back on my bookshelves. "Can you maybe not touch anything." "What about the floor?" I roll my eyes, "Yes, you may touch the floor." "What about air?" "I'd prefer if you didn't, don't touch it, don't breath it in, and welcome the lightheaded feeling you get after about two minutes." I tell him with a sarcastic smile on my face. He just ignores me going to jump on my bed but I make him float back onto the ground. "Don't touch my bed with your dirty clothes." I say as the front of his loose white dress shirt is covered in dirt and grass stains. "I'm bored." he whines. How the hell did I get stuck babysitting him. "Ok, you know what, no. Get out. I need to shower and you need to get out." He crosses his arms over his chest as if it was going to make me change my mind. I lift him off the ground and out into the hallway roughly dropping him. He looks back at me holding the doors about to slam them shut. "I'll see you at the ball tomorrow, you better be gone by the time I'm out." I don't give him a chance to respond as I slam the doors shut and put a spell on them to remain locked. Quickly taking a shower I check the hallway after I had changed into a cream skirt and brown sweater, and don't see him. Thank god, that boy can very well raise my stress levels.