IX

Uɴᴇɴᴛʜᴜsɪᴀsᴛɪᴄ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ϙᴜᴇsᴛs

M/n was regretting his choice to help Venti search but it was too late to take it back as he and Ashe were fumbling through books once again

"I can't believe I did that.."

"Neither can I! No one told you to seduce a fuckin world quests out of an Archon! How did you- nope never mind. Last time I asked someone how they did something I got a very detailed sex scene that'll never leave my poor scared mind."

"It wasn't anything like that. I was just curious when I asked and he dropped a name on me... So here we are with extra books courtesy of Diluc and Lisa... Thankfully we don't have to translate anything and there wasn't much to overload us, so I say we won during the easy part."M/n said punctuating his sentence with the loud clap of the book resting his hand.
"Problem is the placement of the human or immortal.."They sighed heavily because it was a place neither of them wanted to go.
"WHY COULDN'T HE BE IN SOME CATACOMBS?! WHY IN THE FUCK IS HE SOMEWHERE ON DRAGONSPINE?!"

"Calm yourself, Ashe. I'm not happy to walk up that beautiful wasteland either. I don't like things colder than myself but you're a Pyro user! You'll be fine."

"At the risk of burning myself! Just like you can't stand something colder, I can't exceed a certain temperature."They groan, there wasn't a way around it so they unhappily leave the knights of Favonius headquarters to gather items to help them thrive on the mountain. Ashe tries to think on the bright side to make himself happy about the trip.
"Hopefully, we'll run into Albedo's lab on our way-"

"It's in the opposite direction..."

"FUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!!"

❄️❄️❄️

"I can't believe that triggered an avalanche... We're about as lucky as Bennett right now."M/n grumbles while activating a warming bottle to keep them toasty while they took shelter.
"Something is off..."

"What do you mean?"

"Was this cave always here? I've run up and down this place just to get 100% but...This isn't familiar."They quickly inspect the area, it was indeed new to them..M/n head further in, activating more bottles to warm the frosty cave space. With the added warmth, snow inside the cave melted.
"Oi! There's a mechanism over here-"

"Don't touch it just yet. It could be a trap, do act carefully."

"Elemental sight dummy. It's safe to fiddle with. Just...There's a very strong elemental force at the end where this mechanism connects."M/n presses the down and then false cave end lifts out of the way, behind it was a man, whose eyes flutter open.

"M/n presses the down and then false cave end lifts out of the way, behind it was a man, whose eyes flutter open

"Aw, did we ruin sleeping beauties slumber? Well, that's too damn bad. Get the hell up, it's very cold here and if I catch a cold I'm holding you responsible!"The man only stares at M/n, he was confused, he knew the man in front of him was a Khaenrian but...How?
"Who-"

"Dear Archons in Celestia! Not the time, it's very cold and we have to get outside! Ask the question later!"M/n screams out in a rushed tone, he understood that Xeno was confused but he be damned if another rush of snow fully closed them in. So M/n and Ashe quickly throw the males arms over their shoulders and make a run for it out of the cave thanks to all the warming bottles set up.

Xeno shivers immediately, something wasn't right, what was this place to him? It was an unfamiliar land, he pushes away from the two, sending everyone sprawling into the snow.
"Wh-Where is this?"Xeno asked but got no response from the other two who could barely keep warm.
"For the love of- we need to leave!"

"We can just leave him-"

"We can't! I promised Venti I'd find him!!"They began to argue as Xeno glanced around the area, just behind him, the cave closed up as if it were never there, to begin with. Xeno turns back to the bickering duo, the sound of rapid movement catches his ears.
"An avalanche!"

"Shit!"The two glance at each other, nod, and grab Xeno. There was no other choice but to jump over the edge but Xeno had no idea what they were about to do! They jump as the avalanche strikes down where they once stood.
"DVALIN!!!"M/n yells at the top of his lungs, somehow he knew something like this would happen and made prior arrangements with Venti's long-time friend about their expedition and to be on the ready nearby.

As they fall for a bit, they immediately land on the back of the dragon.
"Have I said how much I love you as of late, 'Valin?"

"As of today, yes."