XXVII

Rᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛᴏ Mᴏɴᴅsᴛᴀᴅᴛ

M/n and Ashe agreed not to speak to Lumine about what they saw or the fact that they met Aether during this situation

M/n and Ashe agreed not to speak to Lumine about what they saw or the fact that they met Aether during this situation. Aether didn't mind Ashe blaming the Abyss Harald for the kidnapping since it was partly true.
"Here, this is a rare stone that'll allow you to teleport back to Mondstadt, sorry for holding you guys here for five days."

"I-its okay, Aether–"The short blonde-haired male pats M/n on the head with a sorrow-filled smile. He apologized once more for his actions and wished the two men well on their return to Mondstadt. M/n steps away from the older of them all and leaves quickly with Ashe.

Just as the two drop-in Mondstadt, they were quickly swarmed by the citizens of freedom, many were crying tears of relief and joy while others wanted to know what happened and where they were. M/n left the explanation to Ashe because he found it too hard to speak about.
"M/N!!/ASHE!!"Suddenly, M/n and Ashe were nearly tackled to the ground by Kaeya, Diluc, Venti, and surprisingly Xeno.
"We're fine..." Was all Ashe could utter but it was barely above a whisper but M/n's lip quivers...In actuality, neither of them was fine after that harsh truth shown to them.
"I-I just want to go home..."M/n said while he held back his tears, it was clear as day to his older brothers that the home he spoke about was the dawn winery.

❄️❄️❄️

M/n slept an entire day without interruption and everyone took turns checking on him but eventually Venti stayed in the room like before. Ashe took to helping around to keep busy.
"Ashe, take a break. I'll take over for you."

"I'm fine, Xeno. However, I'm happy you're worried about me."

"....I-I'm more than worried dumbass! I care for you.."Ashe stops harvesting grapes and then turns to look at the Anemo user, he was baffled by this confession hell he nearly lets go of the basket in his hand.
"You care for me? Since when?"

"I guess since that day you followed me and even more when Venti said that you vanished alongside M/n. The whole city was in a panic, search parties were looking for you two here and in Liyue with Lumine's help. We had just returned when we heard a large commotion and there you two were after five days.."Ashe shows a rare shy smile while taking Xeno's hand. It was a foreign feeling for Xeno but he enjoyed this feeling that Ashe gave him.
"Do you think M/n is okay?"

"I'm not sure, Xeno. I mean who would be after being kidnapped like that? We're just lucky to be alive. Come on, let's make him something sweet to better his mood when he wakes."

"Alright, it'll also serve as an apology on my end. I haven't been the nicest to the people who helped find me."Venti smiles, he was everything from start to finish from the window, he also heard it too.
"M/n, I know you won't believe me when I say this but Xeno was the first to take action. I hope that you two will become great friends...
I'm sorry I allowed you to be taken. Maybe if I just went straight to Windrise to see you, none of this would have happened in the first place."

"Mmh...Ven-Ven?"

"Yes, my windblume? Are you hungry or maybe you need to use the bathroom–"M/n smiles as the Archon rambles on about what he could need.
"Shhh~ lie down with me please."

"Ehe! Alright!"Venti takes his cape, shoes, and hat off then gets under the covers with M/n and pulls him into a warm embrace.
"Venti?"

"Yes?"

"No other place will be my home like Mondstadt is. When I close my eyes and think of home, I see the vast fields of grass and Cecilia's blowing in the wind. When I turn around I see the winery with my brothers, you, Ashe, and strangely enough Xeno. No matter how far I travel or what I do, I'll always come home."

"And I'll always be waiting for you, my darling windblume."