XVII

Dᴀɪɴsʟᴇɪғ; Pᴜʀᴇ sɪɴɴᴇʀ?

On a not so snowy day near Dragonspine's border, M/n was idling around after a lovely date with Venti

On a not so snowy day near Dragonspine's border, M/n was idling around after a lovely date with Venti. It was a shame that Venti couldn't come along but he made a promise to a few citizens of Mondstadt to help them learn how to play the lyre and write better poems.
"Hm, would the cold bother him?"M/n asked aloud to himself, however, he never expected to get an answer.
"Probably not."M/n spun around at the familiar voice he's heard from the game many times, an enemy he always had a bit of trouble with when he first started playing; the Fatui Agent.

Before he could move back, a blade cuts his shoulder and a scream of pain rips through his throat but that didn't stop him from retaliating! Quickly summoning his catalyst, he strikes back. After he hits the agent, he vanishes for a brief moment. M/n now holding his bleeding shoulder, frantically searches around and listens for the agent but nothing.
M/n didn't take any chances and struck out running, leaving icy traps behind him. He needs to distance himself to gain the upper hand in this battle but he knew it wouldn't do much since close range was his weakness.

When he stops, he realized that he traveled further into Dragonspine.
"Shit..all this snow confused me and I ran the wrong way.."In an attempt to freeze his bleeding shoulder, he was immediately knocked back into a tree by the agent, who was also injured from running into a few of the traps.
"You're a tough one, but it ends here and now."The agent was irritated with his prey from the moment since he had assumed that M/n would be an easy kill.

M/n's vision was blurry and he could barely keep his eyes open. He thought this would be it for him, but the ground rumbles, and suddenly the agent is flung into the air and plummets back to the ground. He doesn't move after and is seemingly dead. M/n glances over to see a cryo Mitachurl. M/n made a move to stand but he couldn't. When he makes eye contact with the Mitachurl a flash of a human could be seen, leaving M/n confused for a moment.
"You shouldn't be afraid of the Mitachurl."

"Who the..."

"My name is Dainsleif, young sinner. Here let me help you."M/n was in awe, it was really Dainsleif, in his shock he meekly nods his head while the Mitachurl leaves them be.

❄️❄️❄️

"How's that feel?"

"Better...Thank you sir Dainsleif. You're from Khaenri'ah?"

"How could you tell?"M/n taps near his eye and remarks that Dainsleif was the same as his brother and himself. Though M/n already knew who he was because he played the game he had to make it seem as if he didn't.
"You also called me young sinner by the way. That was another dead giveaway."

"Ah, I did say that...*Ahem* Why are you so far from Mondstadt anyway?"

"I usually travel around but this is the first time I've been attacked like this... What's happening to your body, if I may ask?"Dainsleif touches the left side of his face for a moment.

"The sinners curse. It seems that you're not as affected by it as everyone else."

"How so?"

"You're by far the most normal Khaenrian I've seen in a long time, you don't seem to be in pain from it either, and being near you somehow soothes the pain I'm in, just a little. Even that Mitachurl could sense it, which is why it protected you from that Fatui agent.
A Khaenrian protecting the future. Seems like its time is running out."Dainsleif mutters a bit while gazing in the direction it went off into. From the angle, Dainsleif could tell it didn't return home and went off somewhere else.
"How old is it?"

"Older than it should be. Anyway, your shoulder should heal nicely but there will be a scar left behind."

"Who cares, as long as I have my life."M/n beams brightly at the blonde man, his words appearing to hit home with Dainsleif.
"Dain, everything alright?"

"Ah, yes...You sound like a friend of mine from long ago. He would say the same thing after a battle, he was quite foolish at times but a good man."The young Khaenrian smiles as Dainsleif thinks back on his past with a clear remembrance of his friend. A thought occurs, was Kaeya in pain?
"Then, is my brother suffering like you?"

"That isn't something I can tell you. You should return home, I can sense someone looking for you-"

"M/N, WHERE ARE YOU!?"Dainsleif jumps at the loud voice but was surprised when M/n didn't.
"You idiot, stop yelling or you'll cause an avalanche!"

"It seems that Venti and Ashe came to find me. You should hurry along, they attack first then question later. Especially if they see me like this...Do you think we'll ever speak again, Dainsleif?"

"It's in the hands of fate now but if I can spare the time, I'll seek you out, pure one."And just like that Dainsleif vanishes but not before putting M/n to sleep. When Venti and Ashes find M/n still leaning against the tree.

 When Venti and Ashes find M/n still leaning against the tree