XIII

Tʜᴇ ʙᴀʀᴅ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴀs ʜᴇ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ

Venti jumps from the sudden actions of Xeno, who glares at M/n while holding the male's wrist

"What are you doing."

"Touching Venti. What, can I not? I did as you asked but he came to me."M/n snatches his wrist away from the immortal creature, Venti turns to Xeno for a moment with a look of disbelief.
"Geez, Xeno. You really thought telling me what to do would keep Venti away from me? If anything you flooded his mind with thoughts of me. Just because you knew him longer doesn't justify your actions nor does it give you the right to dictate who he spends his time with. Honestly, I hate people like you. Unnecessarily selfish with someone who isn't theirs. Newsflash Venti does what he wants and no one can control that. Not even me."

"You think you're all that human? Tsk, you're just going to die later on-"

"Xeno, enough."The air goes still after Venti speaks in a stern voice. This sent chills down everyone's spine, hell even Ashe woke up and stumbles his way down the stairs to see what happened.
"The hell-"Quickly before Ashe could ask, M/n jams a hand over his mouth.
"How dare you Xeno. How could you be so unkind to the person who found you? I asked M/n to look for you because I couldn't find you alone, why do you think it took so long? I wanted you two to get along but I see you're hell-bent on creating a rift between us. For what, Xeno? What's so wrong with me falling in love with a human?!" Xeno couldn't utter a word, he wasn't expecting this to happen, he just assumed that M/n would take the wine and they would leave but that wasn't the case...
"Is it because I'm in your spot? Unfortunately, it can't be your spot if it wasn't given to you. I wanted us to get along but since that day you threw my office doors open, I knew something wasn't going to be right."M/n was casual about the situation, though he wouldn't admit it allowed, he missed Venti and his silly antics.

Xeno rolls his eyes, claiming that he never claimed to take place of anything.
"Denial looks beautiful on you but at the end of the day, just because you're immortal doesn't mean you can control mortals. Are we mortals dirt for you to walk over? I was expecting a sweet and loving friend of Venti...I thought we could share a delightful connection but how foolish of I to believe."M/n fakes his hurt but ends up laughing.
"Anyway! It's completely up to you if you join Ashe and me at Good Hunter. Sara has a new menu item and she wants us to try it. As I said before you do whatever you want, I don't control nor own you."M/n leaves with Ashe at his side and it was just Venti and Xeno. There wasn't a word between them for a moment until Venti turns to look at his friend.
"Why, Xeno? Why would you tell him to stay away from me when I told you how I felt about him? I wanted nothing more than to have you both in my life...So why?"

"Because you chase humans and not creatures of your own! They won't live long and...AND I'M HERE WAITING FOR YOU TO LOOK MY WAY!"

"I ONLY SEE YOU AS A FRIEND!" Venti screams back, it startles him for a moment, everyone knew that Venti wasn't one to yell even if someone was annoying him but...He just couldn't understand why he did this time. Venti pales for a moment, he wanted so badly to say that he was sorry for yelling but...No words of apologies leave his lips...
"I'm going to Good Hunter. There's nothing you can say about it. So from now on, I won't be disclosing what I do. If you follow me then it's on you and if you don't there's nothing I can do about it."Venti walks by Xeno and out of the building in a hurry.
I've never had to set boundaries for a friend like this... I'm always open to whatever but this time..He interfered with my love life..

He interfered with my love life