Invited

A/N: Second update because, I'm not stress anymore. Hahaha

Enjoy!

***

There was an annoying sound, as if something was vibrating against a hard surface, as well as a blue light that was constantly blinking. Mew flopped over onto his back and grumbled.

Mew had gone to bed a little early on Thursday night. He had made it his duty not to think about Kanawut after what had transpired at Bolts and Knots. Kanawut is a liar. Kanawut, Kanawut, Kanawut, Kanawut, he'd done a good job, but he'd been sleeping a lot more since, well, dreaming wasn't the same as thinking.

He hadn't heard from the boy in a long time, and despite having his phone number on the tattered business card tucked neatly in his wallet, he hesitated to use it. Assuming he already believed he was an idiot, calling him merely exacerbated the situation.

The harsh vibrating sound bothered him once more. His closed eyes were being pierced by the flashing light. As he began to regain awareness, he grimaced. You know, I'm a little confused.

He squinted against his blurry vision as he forced his heavy lids open. The clock was found by his eyes. 1:00 p.m. He grabbed for the night stand to grab his phone and read the words on the display, realizing what had awakened him.

1 New Message.

He flipped it open, and squinted at the bright LCD screen.

From: Kanawut, G.

- Hey, come to my show tonight.

Sent: 11:13 pm

Until Mew turned over and replied to the text, he just looked at the screen for a good two minutes.

- Tonight? It's late.

He got a reply within moments.

- It's a midnight showing at The Dragons. You should come.

- Why?

- You want to see me, don't you?

- I don't care.

- Yes you do. I'll see you soon.

To himself, Mew cursed. He debated for approximately 10 minutes where he should advise the little fucker to put it. It wasn't as if he'd given Mew a heads-up before he arrived. Perhaps he had some plans for tonight? Perhaps he has a date or tickets to a fantastic event. It didn't matter that he was going to bed early because he was a lonely loser. If he was only texting now, less than an hour before the event, how much could Kanawut possible want him there? Then, as he always did, Mew jumped into the shower. In five minutes, he was dressed and ready to go, and he did so in a timely manner. For the most part, he avoided looking in the mirror. If he didn't want to start second-guessing himself and wasting time, he decided that would be the best option.

His phone buzzed once more as he rode down in a cab.

From: Kanawut, G.

- Come round back. I'll get you in.

The cab pulled over just as Mew was closing his phone.

"150 baht, sir."

He hurriedly paid the driver and thanked him as he walked to the back of the building through a dark, dirty lane. Kanawut was smoking casually against the brick wall beside the back entrance when he turned the corner. Gulf looked up when she heard Mew's pricey sneakers click on the pavement.