Going Away

A/N: Second update and no proofreading happen here.

Enjoy!

***

Gulf's nude skin was glowing yellow as shafts of warm sunlight sliced through the blinds of Mew's bedroom. As he lay spread on his stomach, an impish grin on his fresh features, he was a splash of caramel against the fluffy white backdrop of the blanket. Mew couldn't help but be taken aback by his beauty.

After a few weeks, they were enjoying a very lazy Sunday, waking up late in the morning for a hot shag and then staying in bed for hours afterward, snoozing in and out between lighthearted banter and unhurried kisses, lazily letting the time pass by.

Gulf's chiseled naked behind received a stinging whack from Mew's taut cheek. Amused by his easily wound-up boyfriend, the brunette's chest rumbled in that delightfully low, enticing chuckle. "Seriously, where's my breakfast?" Gulf continued to tease. "Get on it, Suppasit."

Mew heaved a dramatic sigh. "Christ, a few nice gestures and I've gone and turned you into a spoiled brat."

Gulf snorted, glancing at the floor where his phone had started vibrating from the pile of discarded clothes. "Why, you surprise me, Mew. Wouldn't you say I've always been a spoiled brat? " He smirked, reaching for his phone and kicking away Mew's arm that was swinging for another playful strike.

Pressing the button to answer the call, Gulf held his phone to his ear, still laughing lightly. "Hello?"

Mew watched him, eyes sparkling. The brunette's grin was lingering on his face, his jade eyes still dancing with amusement but after a moment or two of silence, thick brows drew together, his smile turning hesitant and perplexed.

"I—well, yes of course..." In the words of Gulf With a straightening posture, the brunette gently sat up, implying that he was attempting to concentrate.

Mew's brows widened as he tried to hear the voice on the other end, which was indistinct—but Mew guessed it was a lady based on the upper register of the tinny sound emanating from the phone speaker.

"He did? Wow—yes, I'd love to. But we won't have a bass player come September—oh? ...Well, alright then... mhmm... mhmm... I will... great, okay... thank you so much... talk to you then."

Gulf gently turned his dumbfounded look to a waiting Mew, who had one pale eyebrow lifted in curious anticipation as he hung up the phone.

"Well? Care to explain what that was all about?" Mew prodded, trying to read Gulf's stunned features.

"I..." A faint smile was forcing its way back onto Gulf's face as he stammered, evidently still in disbelief. "That was a woman named Kaning Panichsayawad, calling from Rhythm Records. Apparently Mild's been sending her demos without telling me."

Mew frowned. "Why would he do that?"

Gulf shook his head, still a little perplexed. "I have no idea. We knew her in school—Mild must have found out where she was working and sent our stuff her way. To be honest, I've been kind of cynical about the whole record label thing—that's probably why he didn't tell me. We've been doing well for ourselves and, well, with Bella dropping in the fall, I figured it was best to leave well enough alone."

Mew shook his head, feeling as though he was missing something—missing a lot of somethings in fact. "Back up there, Kanawut. What do you mean Atthaphan is dropping?"

"Bella is going to University to get her PGCE, but—"

"Her what?"

"A certificate in education. She wants to become a teacher. So we didn't really know what would happen to Zenith Friction when she went back to school—we've talked about it briefly but we hadn't come to any sort of decision."