Not Again?

A/N: Do you like carbonara?  I love it.

Enjoy this update, my loves.

***

Much to Mew's dismay, Gulf didn't take Mew's suggestion, which resulted in him waking up alone the next morning. Despite this, he couldn't help but feel as if he'd progressed. Gulf was on the verge of surrendering, he could tell.

He grabbed his phone as it vibrated with messages to read, and when he opened it, he saw that there were two messages still unread.

From: Vihoktana, Turbo

–I hate you.

Sent: 9:31 AM

The brunette smirked as he replied.

–How was I supposed to know you couldn't hold your beer?

–Fuck you.

–Lol. Testy this morning.

–My head feels like it got run over by a double-decker.

–Were you sick?

–Very. Not till this morning though.

–Harsh.

–I'm never drinking again.

–Yeah right. See you next weekend.

Remembering he'd had a second message, Mew clicked back to his inbox. It was from Gulf.

From: Kanawut, G.

–So I had something to tell you last night but you were too busy throwing me around dirty alleys to let me get to it.

Sent: 9:26 AM

–I'll admit I was pretty distracted. Next time don't try to bump uglies with hipster kids.

–You're so eloquent.

–What did you want to tell me?

–... You can't laugh, yeah?

–I'll agree to that but only because we're texting and I could laugh all I want and you wouldn't be the wiser.

It was nearly two minutes before Mew received a reply.

–Great. Well, I have another show tonight... but it's something really different.

–Finally. A strip show. I'm there.

–Not exactly. The Requirement is hosting a review called Smoke and Mirrors. They've even hired professional circus performers. Mild, Bella and I are performing in it.

–Somehow I'm having trouble connecting the dots...

–We're not performing as Zenith Friction. We're just doing the music for the finale. Mild's on turntables, Bella's on keyboard and they've got me singing... and, well, dancing.

–...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

–...You know I can read that, right?

–I'm sorry. I'm not laughing at you. I just can't get the image of boy scratching discs out of my head. And to be perfectly frank, I lied... I'm laughing at you too.

–Mild's actually pretty good.

–There are no words. So, you... dance?

–A little, yes. Hip Hop mostly... It was something I was into a while back, interesting way to stay fit. Don't do much of it these days but I guess you could say I'm pretty good.