Dragon's Lair

Enjoy!

***

"April Fool's Shop, Turbo and Blue"

"Call us with all your pranking needs."

"Er..." The twins, one of whom was shoving a business card in his face, made Turbo smile. With wide, cheerful grins and freckle-dusted cheeks, they were both tall and lanky. "Okay. Thanks, I think."

"It's a pleasure for us," the twins responded in unison.

To encourage the shenanigans of poo disturbers around the world is our everlasting mission."

Mew, not charmed by the twins' cheery demeanor, brushed by them and moved up next to Gulf, who was conversing with a curly-haired girl that Mew had barely met the night before.

As she noticed Mew arriving from over Gulf's shoulder, she exclaimed, "Oh, Suppasit, great to see you again." Her tight lips and half-hearted smile gave him the feeling that she was merely saying it to be polite.

With a sigh, Gulf said, "I see there's no need to introduce you now?"

"Yes, we met," Mew replied, pointing to Bella with a forced smile that he tried to hide. It was up to him to recall his theory about being kind to Gulf's coworkers. "It's good to see you back, Atthaphan, right?"

Bella smiled again, this time like if she meant it. Perhaps it was only a lack of confidence that had made her first greeting awkward. She corrected, "It's Bella."

Mew gave a nod but didn't say anything else. His shoulders were stiff and his hands were still in his pockets. "Do you think they are the other Milds?" he asked, pointing to the twins who had become very enthusiastic.

Gulf gave him a look of disapproval. "I'll introduce you if you don't mind the nicknames."

"Thanks, I'm OK," Mew sighed as he squinted at the raucous couple.

Mew's feelings on the subject were evidently unimportant to Gulf. While the older Thanayut brothers were cheerily yacking at an amused looking Turbo, the brunette was already being dragged back over to them.

With a grin, Gulf corrected, "Turbo, Turbo, I see you've met Turbo - Well, Turbo the Second, I think."

One Thanayut brother-Mew couldn't tell which-chimed in, "Yes, and we've already established that he shall be referred to as Little Turbo."

The other added, "Because no one should be able to compete with Big Turbo."

"Yes, and also because he's a newborn."

"Only a pitiful 17--not even legal."

As he received a friendly wink from Turbo, the newly dubbed "Little Turbo" flushed.

Gulf chuckled and smiled at the group's youngest member, "Be careful, Little Turbo. I think he's trying to get a hold of you."

"I'm sorry," Mew said, his voice rasping in his mouth "Which one?" The fact that the brothers talked at breakneck speed, almost finishing each other's sentences, made it difficult to tell which one was which.

Gulf said with a smile, "Turbo. He's on my side of the fence."

In feigned shock, one of the twins put his hand to his chest. "I would never do such a thing, Gulf. Corrupt a young mind like his? Impossible." That's all there is to it. The blue flannel was worn by Turbo. Mew made a concerted attempt to recall it.

'Little' Turbo reddened even more, his striped jumper's collar tightly pressed, his neck streaming red.

Gulf gave Turbo a doubtful look as if he didn't believe him. "I'm sure it's Mew Suppasit, but I'm not positive."