Chapter One

Ten years has passed and now Abegail is now 28, a successful Pediatrician at Phoenix Children Hospital. She continued her passion and love for kids, one of her inspirations why she pursued Medicine. As Abegail thinks back she realized that time really flies so fast and she can still remember bits by bits of her graduation day. Her parents were true to their words, they visit her during her birthdays, Christmas and New Year everything was the way she wanted it to be. Neither did she know that her life will change until today, she was sitting by the garden and was so engrossed to her Macbook Pro that she didn't a overhear footsteps heading her way.

"Now we know why you didn't hear us, you are too focused on reading." Her dad's voiced hail from a distance.

"Dad! Mom! What a surprise!" Abegail immediately stands on her seat.

Abegail noticed the few silver gray hairs on her dad's once abundant black hair. Her Dad is now 51 who remain active in sports like golf and diving while her Mom at the age of 49 is still looking young and beautiful who enjoys yoga and gardening. She doesn't only admire how her parents having a healthy life style but the passion that they still have for being in love for thirty years.

"Hija, we missed you!" Her mom rushed to her and they embraced.

"I missed you too so much!" Abegail pulled away and rans to her dad.

"How is our Pediatric Intensivist?" Her dad's eyes glint with so much pride.

"I'm doing great Dad thanks! You tricked me I thought you're supposed to come next week? If I knew it's today I could've picked you up in the airport." Abegail playfully pout on them.

"We wanted to surprise you baby girl." Adam kissed her forehead.

"I am definitely surprised I'm so glad to see you!" Abegail smiled.

"We are too Hija." Her mom smiled back.

"So how's your job going?" Her dad noticed few papers on the table as well.

"My job is great Dad! Helping the kids is such a wonderful feeling to help and saved them it's fulfilling." Abegail proudly declared.

"We also heard from your Lola about the charities you've been doing to less fortunate children." Her mom mentioned her activities.

"Yeah I want those share to at least experience what I have; it might not be luxurious or extravagant but what important is I make them happy." Abegail's refreshed those memories in her head.

"We are really proud of you and as long as it makes you happy we are too." Her dad couldn't take the smile off his face.

"Thanks Mom, Dad for always being supportive in my decisions." Abegail truly felt blessed for having such wonderful parents.

"We will always support you Hija." Claire grabbed her hand.

"So how's the resort business doing still making millions I bet?" Abegail shuts down her laptop and organized the papers that were on the table.

"Abegail let's head inside we have something important matters we wish to discuss with you?"  Her dad used her name.

If this happens she knew it's not just a simple conversation considering how her father called her. It feels like she will get scolded or getting a punishment for something she did.

"I have a gut feeling this will be bad news." She carried her things with her and followed her parents.

At the back of her mind she is nervous but remained calm until they reached the living room. Her Grandmother's house is a mixture of classic and Victorian style home it has a spacious garden in front of the house alongside are the beautiful flowers that Julia's late husband planted. The house has 3 bedrooms, 5 toilets and baths with 6-seaters dining set.