Chapter Nine

The lunch meeting rolled in and Ivan was set to meet his fiancée. His Mom made sure the reservation was in the secluded area of their hotel to avoid the eyes of the media. As soon as the car was parked outside the building his anger builds up seeing a lot of Press people.

"Damn Media! How in the word they knew where the location was?" Ivan almost wants to scream to the people standing just few meters away from them.

"Ivan, I don't think we can pass this way if you want to avoid them." Leo, his personal driver warned him while he was busy on his phone.

Leo has been his driver eversince he can remember and since he doesn't have anymore grandparents on both side, he treated Leo and his wife Helen as their family. He even bought a house for the old man as their family gift for serving their family for so long.

"Tatay (Father) please call for added security." Ivan kindly requested him.

After few minutes Leo went out of the car Ivan didn't need to wait long since their family owned the hotel. Few minutes later Leo tapped the window followed by four men in black suit and gave out a thumb up as a sign.

"Sir, it's clear now there is a standby security outside the hotel's entrance." Leo opens the drives seat.

"Thanks Tatay." Ivan reached for the door hatch and men instantly went to his side.

The moment his foot stepped out of the car the Press was all over him.

"Ivan!! Is it true you're engaged?!" One reporter yelled.

"Who's the lucky girl?! Do we know her?" Another one fired back.

"Does your fiancée know your status being the Casanova?" The question emerged from behind him.

"Where did you meet her?" The last one just had to be in front of him.

Ivan was worn out hearing all their nonsense questions.

"To stop the speculation I'm answering once. Yes I'm Engaged. She's a family friend and a very private person. Thank you." Ivan turned around and totally ignored them.

As soon as the staff recognized him they initially directed him to the location of his parents. He saw them seating on the table and a waiter was serving them.

"What happened you seem to be stress?" Lucy watched her son getting on his seat.

"There are a lot of Press outside Ma do you have any idea who tipped them?" Ivan still has a scowl face.

"I'm surprise to see them your Papa and I also had trouble getting in but as you know nothing can pass the media. Now relax on your seat any minute now the Reyes will arrive so you and your Papa will act civil." Claire can be very intimidating sometimes and she is doing it now.

Outside the building Abegail and her parents also arrived and she began to get anxious. Soon she will be mauled by media and wished that all of them are too blind to recognize her. Her Dad was first to step aside followed by her Mom and lastly her. She straightened the dress she was wearing and took a deep breath.

"Mr. Reyes!! Are you merging with Mortiz Corporation to save your company's bankruptcy?" The first Reporter shouted.

"Is it true your daughter Clarise is dead?" Another question rose to the side.

"Who is the girl you are with Mrs. Reyes? She resembled your daughter." The other Reporter scooped from the corner.

"Is she your another daughter from another woman?" The questioned caused her mother to turn around with fury.