Chapter Six

One week passed Ivan continued to ignore the blasting sound of his phone both from his personal and office number. He knew who could it be and Ivan isn't ready to receive another lecture when it's all about his so called father and their argument. He was too focused on his work when his Mom barged in inside his office.

"Hi Ma! What are you doing here?" Ivan kissed her forehead.

"Am I not allowed to visit my won son?" Claire walks straight to the lounge.

"It's not that I was just surprise to see you, you could've just called me." Ivan partly lied since he is ignoring the call.

"You've been cancelling my calls for one week now so I personally dropped by." His Mom sits on the couch comfortably.

"I'm sorry Ma I just got busy and thought about the arrangement." He mentally plead that his Mom took the excuse.

"So what's your decision?" His Mom studied him while Ivan is on intercom with his secretary.

"Yes I am but on my own terms I'm sure father will agree on it whether he likes it or not." Ivan closed his laptop.

"That's my son! Thank you!" His Mom beamed.

"I'm just doing this for my Company I will marry her but first tell me where did the Php 40M goes that your husband took in my account." Ivan wants to use this to exactly know where all his money goes.

Their conversation was interrupted when Wynona entered with a tea on her hand. Lucy has been observing keenly the woman and she knew what type of person she is.

"Excuse me Sir, here is the tea you requested. Good afternoon Mrs. Mortiz." Wynona placed the warm drink on the table and gave Ivan a view of her cleavage.

"Thank you. You may go now and next time, make sure your buttons are fixed." His Mom dismissed Wynona quickly that shocked both Ivan and Wynona.

"Ma, I'm waiting for your explanation." Ivan diverted the topic before it goes to somewhere else.

"You need to discuss this with your Papa." His Mom sipped the tea.

"I am not going to do that we will just end up arguing that's why I'm talking to you Ma." Ivan made the logical argument.

"Its better you heard it from your Papa now let's talk about your bank." His persuasion doesn't work on his mom apparently.

"The business is great I expanded the bank features called MoneyExpress it's a remittance service. The board agreed with my proposal and we are just finalizing the new program and we're ready to launch in three months." Ivan announced proudly.

"You're just like your Papa and we are so proud of you." His Mom praised his work.

"Ma, did you just come here just to check up on my Company or there is something else?" Ivan became objective.

"Your Papa got a call from Mr. Reyes informing us that his daughter might be able to come a month before your wedding." His Mom tells the message to him.

"A month before the wedding why does she have to wait this is arrangement after all?" Ivan can never understand a woman's mind.

"Her daughter needs a clearance to travel." His Mom breaks another news on him.

"Wait, she has a kid? I don't believe this I thought she's single why did you have to arrange me to someone who has baggage?" Ivan wants to hate his Mom right now.

"Just trust me on this son Abegail will not ruin our family's reputation." His Mom insisted.

"How old is the kid and where is the father? Why didn't he even object about this matter?" Ivan bombarded her with questions.