Chapter Nineteen

Two days after Abegail is still feeling low and couldn't get Ivan off her mind. Gwen had to visit her since Abegail claimed that she's not in the mood to shop or go out so Gwen being a good friend stayed the night over at her place.

"You're spacing out again are you still thinking about the fight?" Gwen nudged Abegail who is playing with her fork.

"I'm still feeling guilty sissy." Abegail uttered for like umpteenth times and Gwen is now immune to it.

"Since we are on identity topic don't you think it's time for him to know about Aurora too?" Gwen suggested the idea.

"Speaking of Aurora I kind of lied to him about her too." Abegail took a deep sighed.

"Which part?" Gwen stared at her.

"I told him he's not in the picture." Abegail detailed every conversation they had with her friend.

"Well you didn't totally lie most of it are true but why didn't you tell him? Eventually he will know about it because he is going to be your husband in few weeks." Gwen pointed out and that made Abegail sank on her seat.

"I'm not ready to give out that detail yet when we are just starting to get along and besides I don't want him to pity Aurora because of her condition and her situation." Abegail keeps twirling the fork on the plate.

"Tell him the truth it's better he heard it from you than elsewhere." Gwen advised her that makes Abegail think harder.

"I can't do that he is already mad and he will be furious if he finds out." Abegail spoke after a minute.

"Then it only shows that you accepted his insults." Gwen retaliates.

"Fine I will tell him but just to clear the issue he didn't actually insult me since he does have a point." Abegail felt she needs to justify Ivan's act.

"Why are you defending him all of a sudden?" Gwen eyed her strange friend.

"I don't, I'm just trying to see it from his side." Abegail drinks her coffee.

"Let's analyse it and your conflicting feelings shall we? First you forgive him easily the night that he insulted you while Wesley takes forever to get that." Gwen is counting on her fingers.

"Wesley is off the topic he cheated on me and he was my boyfriend." Abegail rolled her eyes.

"Bottom-line, they both hurt you and you're a type of person who is hard to be please not unless I convince you. In Ivan's case I didn't do anything it was all your decision." Gwen rationalized with her.

"Still it doesn't prove that I have feelings for him like you're implying." Abegail stands up on her seat.

"Second, the day Ivan proposed you were tense and eversince then you keep holding your mouth as if you're reviving the almost one time kiss you had with him here." Gwen made her another point.

"It's not only one time, he did it three times." Abegail statement made Gwen raised her eyebrow.

"And you are just telling me now?" Gwen put a hand on her waist.

"Because you're going to exaggerate it just like what you are doing now." Abegail groaned in response.

"Third, your eyes show admiration while he was with Aurora and then when you told me about the dinner you had with him in your clinic and I bet you never once think of Wesley eversince you met him." Gwen gestured her third finger.

"Wesley and I are over so why would I think about him. Regarding the dinner it was just simple getting along type of conversation nothing fancy about it." Abegail asserts but she won't admit that part is true.