Chapter Two

It's been two days since Abegail's parents went to visit her and the conversations they had still replays on her mind every singe day. If anyone can see her they would think she has lost her mind for acting like a complete zombie. She couldn't eat well, she can't focus on her work and the most obvious of all is the bags under her eyes. Abegail is now currently at the cafeteria with her friend who talks spiritedly while she is on her own bubble wrap.

"Abby, are you okay?" Gwen is waving her hand in front of her.

Gwyneth Davis is a neurologist at the same hospital she's working at and her best friend for almost ten years. She is the same age as Abegail and has an American father and Filipina mother. Her eyes are mixture of black-brown; with fair complexion; oval shape face; an ash blonde hair that Abegail envy to have and a pointed noise.

It was on their second year term in College when they met through lab partner arrangement. Since both of them are Filpino it was easy for them to get along and later on found out that they have a lot of common factors. Their mothers are both Filipinos; being the only child; their addiction to coffee and lastly they love Supernatural series it's like they are sisters from different mothers.

"I'm sorry what is it again?" Abegail tried to focus on her friend.

"I've been talking to you for the last five minutes and you just zone out. Where you even listening—no scratch that what are you thinking?" Gwen talks fast which is her nature.

"It's about my parents." Abegail Abegail exhaled deeply that could mean she is in trouble.

"I thought you're doing a yoga mantra because you've been exhaling

"How are they?" Gwen watched her friend's face turns melancholy for the first time since her grandfather Matthew died.

Gwen met her parents a lot of times during her birthdays and during holiday breaks. Claire and Adam treats her like a second daughter and even bring presents for her whenever they were visiting Abegail. She grew close to them since she rarely saw her own parents considering they are ten years divorced.

"They visited me last week." Abegail stays mien on her face.

"Care to share it?" Gwen can tell there is something more to it but she doesn't want to push her friend.

"They are doing great but what we talked about was not okay." Abegail is certain that her friend can read her like an open book.

"You're lucky they've got to visit you unlike mine." Gwen can't help but missed her parents.

She actually envied Abegail's life of having a great family ties compared to her broken family. After her parents divorced she devoted her life in study and never brought up the issue with her parents it was after all a hopeless case. She gave up eventually and gets on with her life just like how her parents did.

"Speaking of that how is Tita (Aunt) and your Dad?" Abegail feel her friend's emotion.

Abegail knew about Gwen's parents she even met her mom twice and four times to her dad. Ophelia, her mom is Professor and remarried a Filipino Chef while Morgan, her father is an Architect and about to be married to his Greek fiancé.

"Mom is in Spain with Rico while Dad is with his Felicity in Greece. Anyway back to your parents issue what did they tell you?" Gwen dismissed the subject like she always does.

"Our business is on the brink of bankruptcy." Abegail began sharing details.

"Oh god I am so sorry to hear that." Gwen sympathized with her friend.