Chapter Eight

Days passed by in a blur, today is the day that Abegail is returning home with Aurora. Since her daughter is still under medication the hospital will only allowed an ambulance to take her child to the airport which she doesn't really mind.

"Apo, Gwen is already here." Julia knocked on her room while she was checking if she missed anything.

"I'll be out in a minute Lola." Abegail fixed her bed.

"Give this beanie to Aurora I promised I'll make her the last time I visited her." Julia hands her crochet beanies.

"I'm sure she will like this beanie thanks Lola." She placed it inside her carry-on luggage.

"I will miss you both dearly but at least Aurora will get to meet her other Lolo and Lola." Julia was now in tears.

"I know they even claimed they have apo that they can spoil with I just felt bad leaving you because of the arrangement." Abegail wiped her grandmother's wrinkled face.

"I will be fine just take care of my apo and yourself too." Julia hugged her.

"Always Lola I better take this luggage out before Gwen decided to kill me with this." Abegail switched her eyes to the ground.

"Don't forget to message me you have my FB, Viber and Skype." Julia named the apps that sound unfamiliar to Abegail's ear aside from FB.

"Of course I will." Abegail go along with it.

"Have a safe trip apo." Julia kissed her one last time before both of them head downstairs.

As soon as she loaded the luggage she hugged her Grandmother one last time and promised to call her. When they are totally out of the street, she composed herself and called the hospital to prepare her daughter for departure. Thank God she and Gwen already fixed the papers two days prior to the day. As soon as Abegail head to Aurora's room, she was there to help her being transfer to the ambulance. She was with her inside the van while Gwen followed them with the other car. An hour drive passed Gwen and Abegail are now standing outside the airport while waiting for Aurora to be unloaded from the ambulance. Soon a medical assistance wheeled her daughter to them.

"I can't believe one month already passed and now you're going back to the Philippines with a daughter." Gwen watched Abegail attends to her daughter.

"I didn't know my life will change that fast but I'm not complaining. Aurora is the best thing that came out from all of this." Abegail smiled.

"I will not forget those days that we are both interns in the hospital where you always find me hiding inside the supply room sleeping." Gwen giggled from the memories.

"I know at least those days are not boring and I'm just as lucky as you are because you're always taking the blame everytime we go to the bar and Lola will lecture you instead of." Abegail joined her giggling friend.

"Call me okay? I don't care what time it is and don't forget me on your wedding invitation as the Maid of Honor." Gwen slipped the word in front of Aurora.

"Wed-ding?" Aurora interrupted.

"It's the day you will meet your new Daddy." Gwen was first to crack and Abegail nudged her.

"Ne-w Dad--dy." Aurora knitted her eyebrows with confusion.

This time Abegail spoke in their language that only them can understand. Aurora can only watch animatedly as her mother and Aunt talks like an alien.