Chapter Thirteen

The entire week was filled with tension because of Ivan's skittish attitude. One slightest mistake like being late then you are expected to get fired even Ryan has to follow because him and Ivan had a belief that if you want people to respect you, then you need to start to yourself. It was never an issue to them or their friendship even at work they act professional and friends outside.

"Cousin!" A guy knocked to Ivan's door in his office.

"Kenneth!! Come in!!" Ivan greets him with same excitement.

"Long-time no see!! How are you?" Kenneth walked inside.

Kenneth Moore, is an FBI Agent based in USA is on holiday in the Philippines. He is his cousin from his mother's side who is a yearly younger than Ivan. Her Parents are both living in Califonia eversince his mom Luciana married an Us Navy. His mom is Lucy's sister who is three years older and currently managing a Filipino restaurant in Illinois together with Kenneth's sister.

"Yes it is. I'm doing great and you? How's your job and the gang?" Ivan gestured Kenneth to sit.

"It's okay a little hectic but paying good so I can't complain. With the 'rents and Aubrey they have been really busy these days with the restaurant." Kenneth gets comfortable on the chair.

"Glad to hear the business is doing there, please do send my regards to them." Ivan makes a cup of coffee for them

"I will, so what do you need my service for?" Kenneth knew he was called with a purpose.

"I have a job for you and you're the only one I can trust on this." Ivan offered him some coffee since it's was Kenneth addiction.

"Who am I going to investigate? Is it the new guy that Leila's dating?" Kenneth Kenneth took the steaming mug.

"No it's not about Leila's new guy or stalker it's someone I'm sure you knew." Ivan chuckled while shaking his head.

"No idea to be honest." Kenneth truthfully said.

"It's Nathalie." Ivan was fast to tell him.

"Nathalie, as in your girlfriend? I thought you're going to propose when you get back from your business trip what happened then?" Kenneth was the first one to know his plan before he approached his brother.

"We broke up six months ago so I hired new one." Ivan takes a seat across him.

"Wait--- what did Nathalie do that made you investigate on her?" Kenneth talks as he takes his mug.

"She got my old man and my Company in jeaopardy." Ivan leaned on the couch for a minute.

"Uncle and the bank?" Kenneth repeated with confusion on his face.

"Yes, Nathalie got involved in a car accident in New York with him and to top it off there is a Php 10 Million that was stolen in my account by faking Pa's signature." Ivan started to explain the details.

"When did this happen I mean the accident?" Kenneth placed the mug on the table.

"A year ago it was on the news in New York when they took their flight back here. According to my old man he had a few drinks that night but enough to know what's happening. I want you to personally handle the case, is it okay with you?" Ivan trusted that his cousin can do it since he was one of the best in his field.

"Of course, so what you want me to do?" Kenneth replied in all seriousness.

"I want you to get more facts about the accident; if there is any witness or survivor anything that can help us traced them." Ivan detailed to him gradually.