Chapter Fifteen

Abegail parked her car at the hospital twenty minutes after picking up the cake with Gwen and Julia. Abegail woke up her grandmother who is still dozing at the back seat.

"Lola, we're here." Abegail shook her grandmother's shoulder a little.

Julia opened her brown eyes slowly and soon rises from her seat as she was guided by Gwen and Abegail.

"I never thought travelling to the airport will take us almost three hours." Julia complained.

"I had to drop by few shops to pick up the things needed for the party." Abegail closed the car and makes sure it is locked.

"Oh okay." Julia understands why it took them long enough.

Gwen carried the cake while Abegail have the decorations on her hand. They walked to the hospital's entrance and proceed to the elevator.

"Hi Mom! Dad! See who arrived today." Abegail greeted her parents.

"Hi Tita, Tito!" Gwen waved at them and smile.

"Gwyneth, Mama?!" Adam acknowledged them as they hug each other.

"Yup Tito, in flesh Abegail picked us up at the Airport." Gwen let the couple know.

"You surprised us." Claire hugged her mother and Gwen hastily.

"You're not the only one Mom, Dad." Abegail watch them interacts.

"By the way this is Mr. and Mrs. Mortiz, Isaac, Lucy this is my mother-in-law Julia." Adam introduced and led Julia to their spot.

"Hi Adam, Lucy nice to meet you." Julia extends her hand.

"Tito, Tita this is my best friend and my daughter's Neurologist back in Arizona Gwyneth Davis." Abegail did the honour to Gwen's introduction.

"We are pleased to meet you both." Claire says with warm smile and hugs them.

"Same here." Gwen offered her hands to shake.

"Jen, is that you?" Julia recognized Jena who is also happy to her.

"Yes Jules, it's me." Jena confirmed with a bright smile and nod.

"Oh my Lord!! I miss you Jena!" Julia hugged her long time friend.

"Me too I miss you too and our all day talking. It's been so long since I last saw you on your wedding day." Jena returned the gestured to her friend.

"I'm so happy to see you again." Julia is now teary eyed.

Julia and Jena started their friendship when Jena's mother used to work for the Reyes family. When Jena's mother died she took the place and since then they become hip-to-hip until Julia left for US to study in college and got married. Jena was invited to the wedding and it was Julia's parent who paid the ticket for her.

"By the way meet my husband, Rolly." Jena is still smiling as she tilts her head to the side.

"I knew you too will end up together!" Julia beamed with happiness.

"When you left I got so depressed and he helps me; since then I'm always with him." Jena briefed Julia about her life.

"We have so much to talk about how Rolly courted you since he is too reluctant back then." The two old friends reminisces their memories.

Rolly and the rest of the people inside the room saw how engrossed Julia and Jena with their reunion so no one stop themeven Rolly. He is just too happy to see the two friends bonded again like old times.