Chapter Eighteen

The day of the Engagement has come and Abegail just had five hours of pampering courtesy of Gwen. She was glad that Gwen recovered after a day of resting but she kind of regret it since her best friend made her go to body spa again but this time she only had Mani and Pedi and even hair treatment. Now Abegail is in front of her vanity mirror while Gwen is fixing her hair.

"Did you and Ivan kiss?" Gwen nudged her zoning out friend.

"What? What kind of question is that?" Abegail give a horrified expression.

"I've been talking here yet somehow you're daydreaming while your hand remains on the spot where he probably kissed you." Gwen pointed Abegail's hand using the hairbrush.

"We didn't kiss." Abegail suddenly removed her hands.

"You are really going to deny it on me?" Gwen folded her arms.

"Well if I'll consider the act we did at the proposal then we did but after that it didn't happen again just almost." Abegail is still on her thinking expression.

"What do you mean almost?" Gwen gave her a raised eyebrow.

"Like a cliché story we were having fun during our dinner and then he tickled me then we stopped when our faces are centimeters away. He was about to kiss me when I got a call from the hospital." Abegail speaks in rush that Gwen hears clearly.

"So it didn't happen because you got interrupted?" Gwen concluded.

"Yup and after that he left and then his lips landed at the corner of my mouth that's it." Abegail took the lip gloss and applied it.

"You're frustrated because it didn't happen or you're disappointed because that's where he kissed you?" Gwen grilled her with intimidating questions as always.

"You know lately I noticed you were a stalker then you become an imaginative murderer and now you're a private Investigator." Abegail put on her jewelleries that Gwen selected.

"Don't you dare change the subject or I will surround you with penis right now." Gwen stopped her.

"I don't know sissy --- maybe same thing." Abegail stared at her friend with confusion written on her face.

"Are you attracted to him, no wait-- you're falling for him did you?" Gwen continues her questions aggressively.

"I admit I like the side of him last night and the way he was around with Aurora. He was nice, we had a decent conversation and we didn't even fight all throughout the dinner." Abegail finds it really a good start.

"You are afraid to fall for him so you avoid it. You had this imaginary wall built around your heart that makes it hard for you to love again." Gwen expressed her views.

"I don't know sissy eversince my relationship ended I find it hard to trust men again." Abegail admits.

"Sissy don't let the past ruin your future what if maybe Ivan is the great fit to your heart?" Gwen advised her with such humour.

"Since when did my heart become a fitting room?" Abegail raised her eyebrow.

"I'm serious sissy give yourself a chance to be happy." Gwen took the curling iron and continued setting Abegail's hair.

"We don't like each other that way so the chance that you are pinning on me is unlikely to happen." Abegail put the setting spray on her face.

"You're so pessimistic it's like playing Lotto there will be no chance of winning if you're not going to bet." Gwen left a riddle on her best friend's mind.