Chapter 2: La Familia Madrigal

- Y/N POV -

I stare in awe at the village in front of us, my Mom rested a hand on my shoulder. She sighed in content behind me, my brothers are standing beside me.

"Let's go to our new home," I hear my Mama say behind me, I turn to face her with a smile on my face.

"I like the sound of that," I say, I hear my brothers laugh as I skip into the village. I turn around a little while later to see my family about a meter or so behind me. I smile at my family, when I turn around again I see a girl with curly brown hair, green glasses and a bunch of kids following her. I start to walk towards her when I hear her... singing?

"My Tía Pepa, her mood affects the weather

When she's unhappy, well, the temperature gets weird

My Tío Bruno-" She was interrupted by the village people.

"We don't talk about Bruno!" The village people say, stopping what they were doing to interrupt her. Honestly, I dislike when my brothers interrupt me, but she continues anyway. Now I can't walk away because I know that if I do, then I will regret it.

"They say he saw the future, one day he disappeared

They say he saw the future, one day he disappeared

Oh! And that's my mom Julieta, here's her deal, whoa

The truth is, she can heal you with a meal, whoa

Her recipes are remedies for real

If you're impressed, imagine how I feel, Mom!" She complains when her Mom grabs her cheeks and plants a kiss on one of her cheeks.

ONE SONG LATER

Well, at least now I know about the Madrigal family. I jog back to where my family is getting help from one of the Madrigals, she is SUPER strong. I stare at her as she lifts a bunch of bricks and then lets them drop to the ground, I think her name is Luisa...?

When Luisa walks away, she looks down at me with a smile. I sheepishly smile back before I turn my attention toward my familia.

"Was that...?" I asked but my voice was trailing off.

"Luisa Madrigal," Mathew replied while taking a few bricks and putting them where they need to go. I turn to my Mama, to see her drawing on a piece of paper.

"Mama, what are you doing? And is there anything I can do to help?" I ask, my mom looks up at me with a smile.

"Can you get these things from the market?" She asked while handing me a price of the paper that had a checklist of things. I smile at her while taking the paper.

"Anything for you, Mama," I tell her before I go off on my mini adventure to the market.