Chapter 4: Family Fight

- Y/N POV -

I place the rug down on one of the wood tables, somehow we have those in this house, I walk into the living room to see my family standing there with displeased looks on their faces.

"Dear, where is the food?" My Mama asked, I looked at my feet. I was about to answer when my Papa got angry and started to yell.

"You know where the food is? In the market, you wanna know why... ¡Nuestra hija se olvidó de traer la maldita comida porque estaba muy ocupada comprando esa estúpida, pequeña e inútil alfombra! (Our daughter forgot to bring the damn food because she was too busy buying that stupid, useless little rug!)" My Papa yelled while taking a step every so often. I was on the brink of tears when my brothers ran towards me.

"Papa!" Sage yelled, Mathew was covering my ears while Daniel was hugging me. My tail found its way in between my legs, while he was yelling at me. Did I forget that when my Papa is hungry and one of us is sent to get things and we fail, he gets angry? Well, you know now. But luckily this only happens sometimes, sadly this is one of those times.

Soon my Papa was yelling at me and my brothers while my brothers are defending me and Mama is trying to calm him down. I get out of my brothers' touch -even though I need it right now- I head towards the rug.

"He's right," I tell them, my family looks at me when I said that, "But I didn't use the 3 dollars on the rug. When I went to the food part of the market, all of the food there was around 15 dollars or higher."

"So how did you get the rug, cariño?" My Mama asked, I took the rug in my hands with my ears still down.

"After I found out that the food was too expensive, I went to the shop with decorations. There I met a kind man, he was tall, has some grey hair and glasses, there I was feeling the rugs when he asked if he could help me. I asked how much the rug cost and he said 10 dollars but because of my kind manners I got the rug for free," I finish telling my story. I looked back up at my family and saw their shocked expirations.

"What?" I asked Mama, started to talk.

"Dear, you were supposed to get food and decorations for our house," She reminds me, I nodded.

"Yes, and I'm sorry for disappointing you, Mama," I tell her, she walks up to me with a warm smile.

"Don't worry about it, my dear," She reassures me, I smile up at her.

"I was wondering if I would go back out there again tomorrow?" I asked, my mother, smiled and nodded her head.

"Of course, my dear," She said, my father looked at us in disbelief.

"You're just going to let her off the hook? After she-" My father started but was cut off by Mathew.

"Yes, yes we are," He says with a warm smile.

"So... where are we going to sleep?" I ask, my family starts to all talk at once. I chuckle at my family's behaviour. "How about one at a time?" I suggest, everyone shut's up and listens to one another.