Chapter 18: What If (I Told You I Like You)

- CAMILO POV -

"Yeah, but... A-are you going to be ok?" I ask, bringing her into my arms and rushing up the stairs, carefully placing her down on my bed. Sprinting back down my stairs, I grab my spare arepa in one of my drawers before running back up to Y/n.

"Here, eat this," I say, bringing the food into her hands and she chuckles.

"I'll heal naturally Chameleon, but if it helps your worry," She says, I shake my head and smile slightly but she takes the arepa nonetheless. I smile once she finished the arepa, she grabs one of my hands and pulls my body onto hers, my head resting in between her neck and collar bone.

"Relax Chameleon, I'll be fine but you should have eaten the arepa," She whispers, one hand on the back of my head while the other rubs light circles on the part of my back that's not covered in blood.

"Abuela doesn't allow me to eat arepas after a punishment," I whisper, my arms wrapping around her neck as I pull her closer to me. Her warm body calms my nerves as I slowly breathe in and out, my breath hitting her skin before bouncing off and going somewhere else in the room. I take a deep breath and ask her a question, "Hermosa, do you mind singing to me? Y-you don't have to i-if you don't want to but I find it calming and-"

I get interrupted by her starting to hum the start of a song, not like the ones that we sing in my familia, this one is slower. Once she finished the intro, she started singing the first verse,

"Let's talk about all the things that we shouldn't talk about

Those kind of words that will change all the things we talk about

Tell me do you ever think of us?

Should I ask some more or should I stop?"

I smile and snuggle closer to her as she sings the song, exhaling deeply and closing my eyes. I smile into her skin and notice how my sense of touch and hearing has increased because I closed my eyes.

"What if our tomorrow means that we are here together?

What if we are taking chances just to lose it all?

Am I really crazy thinking 'bout this all together?

What if I've been missing,

The writing on the wall?"

- 3rd PERSON POV -

As Y/n was singing softly to Camilo, Pepa and Felix were walking hand in hand out of Antonio's new room. It was already late enough and all of the guests have returned to their homes, Pepa smiles as she talks with her husband.

"We should say goodnight to our other son, mi vida," Felix said, grabbing her hand and they walk towards Camilo's room. Quietly, Pepa opened the door and heard soft singing coming from Camilo's bed.

"What if I say

I know, you know

What if I told you I like you?

We stay, we go

What if I told you I like you?

I know, you know

What if I told you I like you?

We stay, we go

What if I told you I like you?

What if I told you I like you?"

"Is that Y/n, singing?" Felix whispered into his wife's ear, Pepa smiles and lightly pulls her husband's hand. They sneak onto his stairs and smile when they see Camilo laying on Y/n with a soft smile on his face as she sings to him.

"I hear everything they saying, they saying 'bout us

It's not about right or wrong, it's about what we love

Would it be simple or would it be too complicated?

Should I keep going or maybe it's better to stop?

What if our tomorrow means that we are here together?

What if we are taking chances just to lose it all?

Am I really crazy thinking 'bout this all together?

What if I've been missing,"

The writing on the wall?"

Pepa lays her head on Felix's shoulder and smiles before sighing. Y/n closes her eyes, her tail relaxing enough that it doesn't hurt to lay on it, she turns her head and breathes in Camilo's scent. Y/n smiles and continues to hum the rest of the song until Camilo is in a deep sleep, his breath slow and soft. Once Y/n finished the song, she kissed the top of his head and whispered, "Goodnight Chameleon,"

The parents smiled at the scene playing before them, a rainbow over Pepa's head and Felix dragged his wife out of his son's room and closes the door.

"Felix!" Peppa calls to her husband, hitting his arm in excitement. Felix smiles and brings his wife to their room.

"I know, mi vida, it's now time to sleep," Felix said, Pepa nodded and they called it a night.