Chapter 12: Flashbacks

(I was thinking about changing the name of the book, how do you think 'Two Tricksters' sounds? Please comment some ideas that you think would go well for the book)

- Y/N POV -

I looked over and saw Camilo smiling widely at his Tía's words. I smile at his happiness, I could feel my tail starting to wag.

TIME SKIP

I sat down with Camilo on my left and Dolores on my right, his family is so nice, so welcoming. We were passing out food when someone interrupted the silence, we all looked up at the person when they started to talk.

"So Camilo, who is this?" A woman sitting at the head of the table asked, I looked at Camilo and he smiled sheepishly at the lady.

"Abuela, this is Y/n L/n, she is one of the new people in the new family who arrived a few days ago. She is very nice," Camilo said, looking at his Abuela. I looked down at my lap, my hands fiddling with the bracelet that my childhood friend, Alex, gave me the day that we had to leave for Encanto.

FLASHBACK

I walk through the forest, pushing past the leaves that tried to get into my face. Alex has been my best friend for as long as I can remember and I wouldn't want it any other way. Alex has always been at least two or three inches taller than me but it's always to bring him back to earth when he is on his tippy-toes, he has gorgeous emerald green eyes, and chocolate brown hair that always needed to be brushed but we never did that.

When I arrived at the end of the forest, there was a pathway before it got to the actual 'town' part of this area, but the villagers never wanted my family to live in the town.

"Hey," I said sadly, remembering why I came, but I waved my hand when I saw Alex running towards me, he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. Burying his face to my neck, I immediately wrapped my arms around his waist and bury my face in his neck.

"I have something for you," Alex whispers, letting go of me before burying his hand into his pocket only for him to bring it out a few seconds later. He pulled out a bracelet, it was made of an f/c material and fit perfectly when he put it onto my wrist. Then he pulled me back into a tight hug, letting his feelings out.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Alex whispered, I opened my eyes and felt my shirt become damp.

"How did you find out?" I whispered back, I felt him tighten his grip on me. I tighten my grip a little, if I tighten my grip too much he could get hurt, and he is already feeling hurt.

"Sage and Mathew," He whispered, I cursed and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Alex, I didn't want you to feel-" I started but he interrupted me.

"Sad? Hurt? Like I am going to be missing someone very important in my life?" He asked, slowly pulling away from the hug, I slowly nod my head before staring at the ground instead of Alex.

"I didn't want to disappoint you," I whispered, walking back and sitting against a tree. He walks over and sits next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders while the other is rubbing my leg.

"You didn't disappoint me. You can never disappoint me, Puppy," He whispered the last word, I looked up at him and smiled before I was pulled away from him.

END FLASHBACK

Someone grabbed my hand, pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw the family looking at me with worried eyes, I was confused until I felt a hand wipe away the tears that were for some reason falling from my eyes.

I looked over and saw it was Camilo, who was wiping away my tears, I smile at him and look back at my bracelet, twisting it around my wrist.

"Hey, you ok?" Camilo asked, I nodded and the family hesitated before continuing to talk about things going on around the village, going through the different chores that needed to be done, etc... But Camilo's words were swarming my head 'Hey, you ok?'.

ANOTHER FLASHBACK

I jumped off the tree and fell onto the ground, my knee started bleeding and Alex started to panic. He ran over to me when he didn't hear my footsteps running after him, when he made it I could see tears at the brink of his eyes.

"Hey, you ok?" He asked, trying to calm himself and me down. I nodded my head, trying to stand up but Alex grabbed under my legs and behind my back, picking me up into his arms.

Carrying me bridle style.

I smiled up at him and rested my head on his chest, my arms wrapped around his shoulders loosely as he carried me back to my family's home.

END FLASHBACK

By the time I got back to reality, we were starting to clean up the table. I was about to grab my plate and get up when someone else grabbed it, I trailed my eyes along the person's arm until I saw that it was Camilo.

He smiled down at me and took our plates to the dishwasher before walking back to me, grabbing my hand lightly and bringing me out of the kitchen. We started walking towards the door, the floor helping me get there while Camilo was trying to pull me farther into the house.

"Bye," I waved as I walked out of the door, hearing Chameleon say 'Bye' as I walk away and walk back to la Casa L/n.