Chapter 3: Market

- Y/N POV -

I walk through the village, my eyes glued to the ground. I know that everyone is staring at me, but I'm hoping that it's because of their curiosity about my ears and tail and not because I'm new. I swerve through groups of people left and right, I ducked when I smelt flowers heading my way.

I'm not the most extroverted person but I am the nicest L/n, I know that for sure.

One time, when my family and I were planning on staying in a village for a little while, I had to go out to get all of the essentials along with one of my brothers (they were there to make sure that I return home safely). I had to do all of the talking, buying, and return home without having my 'escort' threatening to kill one of the villagers.

I'm surprised that today, my Mother or Father chose not to have one of my brothers join me on my conquest, but hey, I'm not complaining.

I check my list once more: milk, bread, eggs, fruits and vegetables, decorations, anything else you think we will need. Nothing new, alright. I'll just get what we usually eat and see where I go from there. I think to myself.

I head to the middle of the village, I scan through the different shops, some bigger than others but all of them seem to be colourful. Just like the houses.

I walk towards the shop that gives out food, I look at the menu. The menu has all sorts of food, it varies from meat to grains, fruits to vegetables. I look from the left side of the menu to the right and see all of the prices. I take a step back and walk towards the shop that holds decorations, I walk inside and my jaw drops at all of the different assortments of decorations.

"How can one shop have this many decorations?" I mutter to myself, I walk to the left side of the shop, grassing my fingers over the different fabrics. My ears perk up when I hear a voice.

"Excuse me, miss?" A voice asks, I drop my hand from its spot on the rug and pull it into my pocket. How did I not hear this guy enter? Maybe I was too busy looking at the decorations to notice, ya that could be it. "How may I help you?" The man asks again.

"Uh... yes actually. I was wondering how much that rug costs?" I said, pointing to the rug I was just feeling. He looks at the rug while pushing his glasses up his nose a bit.

"That one?" He asks pointing to the one I was touching, before looking back at me. I nod my head.

"Yes, Señor," I tell him, he smiles when he heard me call him 'Señor', clearly liking that I have manners.

"You have nice manners, young lady. That one costs 10 dollars," He tells me, I frown while looking down at my 'wallet' which is just a bag filled with 3 dollars. "Is something wrong?" He asks, I look back up at him.

"Oh, no... Nothings wrong. I just don't have enough money to get it," I tell him, he thinks for a second before talking.

"Well usually, I don't do this but since you're new and that rug is fairly small. You can have it for free," He tells me, my eyes light up with excitement.

"Really?" I ask, he nods his head with a smile, "Muchas gracias Señor," He smiles while chuckling at my excitement. I leave the shop with the rug hanging over my shoulder but not touching my tail as it wags with my excitement.

I head back to my family's house and see that it's completely built, I run towards the door. Only then did I notice that our house seems to fit a family of 5, not a family of 6. I enter the house and see that our house seems to be a bit darker than the other houses but that's fine, I prefer it to be a bit darker anyways.