Chapter 6: Invitation

- Y/N POV -

I skip through the village in joy as I make my way back towards my house. I see people staring at me, some in awe at my ears and tail while others are staring in curiosity. I pass multiple people on my way back to my house, some parents with grocery bags, groups of kids playing games, and some of the Madrigal family, although, I didn't talk to them.

When I made it back to my house, I was practically jumping with joy to tell my parents that I got a job. I never had a job before, only helping out a bit here and there. But now, I can tell them about the decorations shop and working for Alberto.

I ran up to the door and banged into it, I glared at the door while rubbing the spot on my head that started to ache from the sudden amount of pressure. A good thing about being a werewolf is that my bones are about two times stronger than normal humans. For example, I can fall a longer amount of time and my legs with hurt less.

I open the door and rush inside, I see my family all in a circle and talking about how we're going to get money to afford food. When they heard me coming, they stopped talking at turned their attention towards me.

"Guess what," I said excitedly

"What?" Mathew asked

"I just got 25 dollars," I told them, but I finished before any of them could imagine how I got the money, "I got a job at the decorations shop, and my boss Alberto, gave me the money,"

"How sweet," My mama said, I smiled at her while handing the money off to Sage. I sat down between Daniel and Mathew and we started to talk about what to buy with the money when we heard a knock on the door.

"I got it," I told my family as I got up from my spot on the ground and walked towards the door. I opened the door and saw two girls and one guy. One of the girls has short dark brown hair and green glasses and is holding a basket of various things, the other girl has a red bow in her hair with what looked like Wi-Fi symbols on her shirt, while the guy has short light brown hair with a yellow poncho that has little chameleons on it.

"How may I help you guy?" I asked kindly, it's probably a good thing I came to the door and not Sage or Mathew. They would freak out.

"We are here to welcome you to Encanto and to invite you to my cousin's gift ceremony," The girl with the glasses says, I smile and take the basket from her hands.

"Alright, then why did you bring all this?" I teased slightly, with a small smirk taking over my face.

"It's a welcome gift," The girl with the bow said, then made a little 'hmp' noise, I turn to her and smiled. I look over my should and yell.

"Hey Sage, do you mind taking this?" I ask, I hope he doesn't look too intimidating.

- CAMILO POV -

She yelled behind her, I stand in between Dolores and Mirabel staring in awe at the girl in front of me. She's so beautiful, the way her pure h/c hair contrasts with her black clothes, her soft e/c eyes, and her sweet smile. Everything about her seems like she came out of a fairy tale.

A tall guy came walking behind her and grabbed the gift basket from her hands, she turns back to us. Dolores was about to say something but I interrupted her earning an elbow to my side from Dolores,

"Um, you haven't told us your name, Hermosa," I tell her, she blushes at the nickname making me smirk a little.

"My name is Y/n," She tells us, I smile. Perfect name for the perfect girl. I think to myself, then Mirabel talks.

"My name is Mirabel, this is Dolores, and this is Camilo," She points to us when she tells Y/n our names. Y/n's smile widens when she hears my name.

"Well, it was nice meeting you guys, but my family might like me to get back to them. And thank you for the invitation, I'll have to ask my family and I might not be able to come but I hope I can," Y/n tells us, Mirabel and Dolores start walking away but I stay a little longer.

"It was nice meeting you, Y/n. I hope I'll see you at the ceremony," I tell her, she smiles more and giggles. "Do you know where the ceremony is?" I check. I don't want her to go to one of the villager's houses and her thinking that that's where the ceremony is.

"I'm guessing that there will be a big crowd?" She guesses, I chuckle and nod my head while answering.

"Yea, just follow the crowd to the big house on the mountain," I confirm for her, she nods and was about to close the door when I grabbed her wrist. "I'll be waiting for you, Hermosa," I tell her before I let go of her wrist and started to walk away before I hear her whisper.

"Hasta luego, niño bonito,(See you later, pretty boy,)" I chuckle and blush a little before I wave at her while I walk back towards Casita.