Chapter 13: I'm Sorry

- Y/N POV -

Once I got back home, I immediately went to my bedroom. Pacing some of my family members on the way, but I don't take much care who I'm pacing at the moment, my only goal right now is to get to my room. My family didn't question why I wasn't glowing with happiness but I wasn't going to ask at the moment.

When I made it into my room safely, I closed the door and walked over to my bed, I can feel tears at the brink of my eyes at the sudden flashbacks that happened during dinner. Remembering my childhood friend that I lost so many years ago, it still pained me to think about Alex. How he was always so nice to me, how he never judged me because of my ears and tail, how he would pet them and adore how they looked and felt when he asked to pet me and I said 'yes'.

Flopping onto my bed, my ears are low against the top of my head and my tail is taking refuge in between my legs once more.

I haven't had a flashback in so long, why did we have to move? Couldn't we take Alex with us? No, no we couldn't, he had family that still lived in the village. I thought our lives were fine, living in the forest, most of the animals that we got our powers from lived in forests. I thought with a sigh. I turn my head when I hear something his my window. Tears gathered onto my pillow as I cried, I didn't want to make my pillow completely wet, and was curious about the noise.

Slowly, I get up from my bed and walk over to the window that sat next to my desk and had a little sitting area on the windowsill, a pillow and a blanket both sat on the windowsill. I rested my knees on the blanket and looked down through the window. I tilted my head and wiped the tears on my face, looking down I see a certain shape-shifter smiling up at me.

I open the window and rest my elbows on the windowsill as I wait for Camilo to say something. Soon enough, he did.

"I'm sorry," He started, I tilted my head and furrowed my brows, "Do you mind if I come up?" He asks again, I nod my head and jump down. I hold my hand out and he takes it, I bend down then jump back up to my window.

"Wow," Camilo gasps, making me giggle at his excitement, I walk over and sit on my bed, patting the spot beside me and he sits down. "Are you... Are you ok?" He asks, I push my lips together.

"I guess..." I whisper, looking down at the ground.

"You... guess?" Camilo asks, I look back up at him and nod my head.

"I don't really know," I whisper again, he nods and slowly wraps a hand around me and pulls me close to him. I rest my head on his shoulder and feel him rest his head on mine.

"You don't always have to be happy," Camilo whispers, I hum in response.

"Neither do you," I whisper, already regretting that I said that. He hummed, he pulled away and I shrink in his touch.

"I'm working on that," Camilo answers honestly with a little sigh, I smile sadly at him and pull him down onto my bed. His head hits the pillow and I pull him into a tight -but not too tight- hug, I hear him chuckle and hug back. I wait a few seconds in his arms before whispering to him in a sad voice.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, pulling away only for him to pull me back.

"For what?" Camilo asks me, I try to pull back lightly but he keeps his hands wrapped around my tiny figure.

"For suddenly crying in front of your family," I say looking at the open window, hearing owls, crickets, and other night animals. "And for jumping onto you,"

Camilo chuckles at the last part, making me smile slightly, "One, it's alright that you jumped onto me and that the bed caught us. Two, my family is worried about you now that you suddenly started crying but they're not going to judge,"

"Are you sure?" I asked, and he nods.

"Now we have three magical families in Encanto," Camilo said, pulling me into his chest.

"Three?"

"Yeah, my family, your family, and the Price family," Camilo explains, I nod but my eyes widen at the last family name.

"¿La familia Price?" I asked Camilo, and he nodded.

"Si, most of their gifts are scary ones," He starts, I lean closer and my ears perk up while I wait for Camilo to start talking again. "But I don't want to give you nightmares, so I'll save that story for tomorrow,"

My ears fall as I pout at Camilo.

- 3RD PERSON POV -

She's so cute when she pouts, this is going to be hard... I don't know how long I can keep up this façade before my feelings slip from between my lips and my secret feelings for the werewolf become public. Camilo thought to himself.

Slowly, Y/n's eyes close and she falls asleep. Camilo soon joined her in dreamland, as they cuddled close on top of the covers of Y/n's bed.

What the two didn't know what that not only was Dolores listening to their conversation, but also all three of Y/n's brothers.

(Sorry late post)