Twenty • Almost There

Twenty 🌹|Almost There|🍷

Twenty
🌹|Almost There|🍷

"Okay, let's go through the list one more time," Jimin said as he made sure they had packed everything they needed for the weekend. One of Jimin's pet peeves was forgetting something, especially when he was gonna be too far away to come back and get it. "I'm ready now!" Jimin said with an excited smile as he zipped up their items. "Do you have everything?" He asked his boyfriend who had been waiting for him in the doorway. "Yes Baby Boy I do. I know you've also made sure of that," he walked over to the boy picking up the suitcases with a little chuckle. "You're cute." Yoongi spoke before he let Jimin lead the way out of the room. Three months had passed and the next day was the couple's one year anniversary. For both men this was a huge milestone. Even though Yoongi had been trying to hide it, Jimin could tell he was just as excited as he was.

Since Yoongi carried the bags out, Jimin made sure the door was locked behind them. While Yoongi put the suitcases in the trunk Jimin hopped into the car. The boy buckled up and put a blanket over his lap. "To our AirBnB we go," Yoongi said once he'd gotten in the car and buckled up. "I can't wait to explore the city when we get there!" The boy bounced in his seat happily. They pulled out of the driveway, and began the way to the house they'd be staying in for their weekend. "Have you thought about what you wanted to eat while we were there?" Yoongi asked, reaching over to lace their fingers together as he drove. "Could we have Italian?" Jimin's fingers gently tapped against Yoongi's hand to the beat of the music that was playing in the background. "Pasta does sound really good," Yoongi nodded in agreement. "Where did you wanna stop for breakfast?" From being up for so long, Yoongi could already feel the emptiness in his stomach. The boy pulled his phone out and began looking at restaurants around the area and on the way to where they were headed. "I heard One Waffle was really good. They also have a drive thru," Jimin said as he looked up the ratings. "Even other people say it's really good." Jimin pressed start on his directions and once Yoongi stopped at a light he analyzed the map.

"I know exactly where that is," Yoongi gave Jimin his phone back before lacing their fingers again. The boy looked at their hands, a little smile pulling at the corners of his lips. A full year of being with Yoongi. He could still recall everything that happened when they first got together. What a wild ride it's been so far. They hadn't heard much of Hoseok at all since he visited Yoongi at his job. Which Jimin was very thankful for. Although he felt bad, he was ready for all the drama to cease so he could be with Yoongi freely. The older male looked at the map just to make sure he was going to the right place. He then pulled into the establishment, and then up to the menu. Choosing the items they wanted, Yoongi paid before they were given their food. The man pulled away from the window and into a parking spot so they could eat.

From the first bite Jimin knew that everyone who had told him about One Waffle was very correct. It was delicious. "This is really good," Yoongi said almost seeming as if he had read Jimin's mind. "I agree, very very good," he giggled as he took another syrup-filled bite. "I love how fluffy their waffles are."