26화 : Hunting

"H-He... He was supposed to hurt me! Why did... W-Why did he took SinB in my place?!"

"Yerin, calm down. It's not your fault...", the manager hug Yerin just to comfort the singer. Yerin became insane the moment the police arrived at the studio. They inspect everything they could to find any clues that'll help them thru the case.

Umji was also there with Eunha. Yerin told to the girls whay happened to SinB inside their Katalk group, but only Umji and Eunha was free at the moment. The two girls who was just arrived came down from the taxi and headed straight to Yerin who still crying in horror inside her manager embrace.

"Eonni!", Umji called for Yerin. Yerin saw the two girls coming, running towards her so she let go of her manager and rushed towards Umji.

Holding tight onto Umji's hand as legs was too weak to stand up, Yerin cried as she kneel down on the road. Umji and Eunha was looking at her worriedly. They admit that they was shock with the news too, but now they need to calm Yerin down first, and tried to give her some strength as much as they can.

"It's okay eonni. We are here", Umji said, still holding tight onto Yerin's arms.

"The police will find her as soon as they can eonni. We also will be here for you today", Eunha continued.

Finally Yerin was calmed down a bit. Sobs still can be heard coming out from her, body was shivering maybe in horror as her face somehow was a bit oale from earlier.

"Eonni... SinB will be fine", Umji said, trying to smile a little even tho the fact that she was afraid the same as Yerin right now. Who's not afraid tho? It was SinB they are talking about here, Umji and Eunha's bestfriend.

In seconds, they saw a police officer was running towards Yerin manager. He handed the manager a piece of paper. But the location where the two man was standing wasn't that far from where the three girls uniting right now, and so they could hear everything the police officer said to Yerin's manager.

"We found this at a trash can nearby the exit", the police man said.

Yerin in no time stand up from her kneeling position, walking right towards her manager followed by Umji and Eunha behind her.

"What's with that paper?", Yerin ask with a little bit calmer voice, even tho it was still shaking a lil bit.

"It's the same person", he answered, showing to everyone there the paper so everyone could read it.

The same handwriting, the same fish blood, written I'll have your girlfriend instead becuz I do know everyone around you thought you are the one who was in danger. Guess what? The table finally turned! You humiliated me to all people with your freakin revealation, and I'll do the same to you. How about I reveal to the world that your girlfriend will be dead anytime soon?

.

.

.

..........................................

5 hours after the disappearance, the police working extra hard for this after they found the threat earlier. They do know that they were fighting against a psychopath with an urge of revenge to kill. Who is it and the purpose of it was still unknown, but now they do know that the instagram person and the threat person was the same person.

That'll make their work easier.

After find out the cctv recording from the studio emtrace, the saw the same guy wearing the same black cap, black mask and that dark green hoodie in the frame.

IT police department hurriedly working on to find the culprit behind the instagram user. When did he created that account, with what email did he use to make that account, and where the email was created. Everything goes smoothly to the plan from the IT department.

The instagram account was made 9 days ago. It was the day after SinB and Yerin came home from their vacation.

The email he used, a new email with a strange letters in it. fojyrihysmydtd@gmail.com ...

and they piece up the puzzles with the word 'fuck off Jung Yerin I hate you so much you deserve to die'.

Last piece of the instagram infos. Where the email was made. It was made inside a small apartment in Seoul, with a specific location found.

Police in no time search the infos about the small apartment owner, and later the identity was revealed as 32 years old man named Choi Sungjoon living there.

Wasting no time, police headed towards his house with a search warrant, but no one seem to answer the knocks on his door. Police had no choice from barging in with force, later was suprised at how messy the house was.

Rotten pizzas, cans of empty beers, smells of bad foods, alchohol everywhere.

"This man living here was really disturbing...", one of the police officer said after he covered his nose with the head spinning smell.

No prove yet to make Sungjoon the culprit with SinB's abduction, they collect every evedince they ould get about him. Starting from searching his house and later found the same kind of paper he used to write his threat note they found just now at the studio. They found a bag of fish blood inside the sink. They also found some disturbing notes about him trying to seek revenge that he didn't mention who it is inside his journal.

Now he was clearly a suspect, but the evidence wasn't enough. They need to find the motive.

Time was ticking. They do know they need to find SinB withing the golden hours. If they couldn't do their job within 48 hours; now left with 43 hours, they couldn't ensure SinB safety anymore.

Headed straight towards where he used to work. A tiny publishing company in Seoul. The police do know that he didn't work there anymore, but they need to find more infos about him.

"How was Choi Sungjoon at work?", one of the police officer asked a worker there.

"He was a silent fellow. He didn't talk much, but he was enthusiastic when he do his work. He work his ass off like there's no tomorrow", the worker answer.

Headed to the CEO room, the police officer knock the doors few times before get the permission to enter. Pulling out his notebook again, he asked the same question to the mid-40 man.

"How was Choi Sungjoon at work?", he asked.

"He was good. But lately, few weeks before he was fired, he had this kind of obsession", the CEO replied.

"... and what kind of obsession is that?"

"He crazily wanting to reveal Jung Yerin's private life to the world, but was dumb enough and fail every moment he can to have any kind of evidence. I saw how crazy he became with his obsession, so then I had no choice but to fire him. He was just crazyily obsess to reveal a scandal about Jung Yerin", the CEO continued.

and now, the police was pretty sure they had the motive.

It's clearly a revenge.

.

.

.

_________________________

TBC