Chapter 39

"Daiyu, package for you!" May hollers, heaving a medium-sized box onto the kitchen counter. Daiyu walks into the room, interest peaked.

"Did I buy something?" She wonders aloud.

May shakes her head, "No. I think it's from Tommy."

"Oh, really!?" That comes as a surprise to her, as Tommy didn't hint he'd be sending her anything as of late. Reaching for a knife from the wooden block, she carefully cuts open the tape. Upon unfolding the flaps of the box, she's greeted with a prominent British flag that wipes the smile right off her face. "How fucking dare he??"

"What is it?" She leans over her shoulder, "Oh."

Daiyu snickers, "What a dick." She pulls the horrid material out of the box and it reveals itself to be a hoodie.

May asks with an amused grin, "Are you going to put that on?" She wiggles her eyebrows and Daiyu pushes her away.

"Fuck off. I'm going to burn it, that's what I'm going to do." There are a couple more items in the box, and what she pulls out next is an individually wrapped hybrid of a spoon and a fork that Tommy said was a spork. "After I thank him for this weapon of mass destruction."

May chuckles and points at the object in the corner of the box. "What's that?" Daiyu grabs it, and it's an odd contraption. It's a pitiful-looking mug displaying a picture of GeorgeNotFound's face surrounded by hearts with the caption 'Gogy.' Daiyu immediately discards it along with the hoodie and once again declares she hates British people (mostly Tommy).

"Wow, that is horrid," May said grimly.

"His obsession with Gogy is something I'll have to bring up in our next therapy meeting," replies Daiyu disdainfully. "It's gotten out of control."

"No duh."

Despite hating everything in the package (except the spork), Daiyu decides to film her unboxing reaction for her new Tik Tok channel. If Tommy is going to send her this horrendous box, then she might as well film her misery for good content. She even tries on the hoodie and she can already feel her ancestors quaking in their graves.

By the end of her ranting and a short commentary of the "gifts" she recieved, Daiyu finishes up recording and sends it to Tommy where she awaits his input before posting. While waiting for a text back, she's preparing to throw the hoodie off and on to the floor when something falls from its pocket.

Curiously, she picks up the plastic rectangle and immediately recognizes it as a polaroid picture. Daiyu studies the image and it's of Tommy at a not-so-great angle but he doesn't look bad.

His hair looks quite nice and as fluffy as ever, blue eyes darkened, and the edges of his face sharper. He has on this small, wary smile. She, in turn, smiles and wonders if Tommy put this in intentionally or by accident.

She finds herself confused more than ever because of one simple photo for reasons she won't attempt to understand.

...

LOL I see you got my package

Are you going to post that?

idk should i?

Despite you insulting me
the entire time it IS funny
so yeah

okay

i'm always funny

Suree

so...

umm by any chance did
you leave a polaroid picture
in the hoodie?

Polaroid?

yeah?

Oh OH POLAROID!

Yeah I was just messing
with Wilbur's polaroid
camera hahaha

and left it in the british hoodie?

For safekeeping

for safekeeping, wow

Don't patronize me

well thank you

i'll tape it to the spork and
pretend i'm stabbing you

I'm petrified

as you should be

my next tik tok will be
"pov you're tommy" and
it's just me stabbing the
camera with the spork

PFFFFFFFF

What about "POV you're
spork" when we meet irl

that would be just
me stabbing you

i love it

I know you do

anyway can you teach me
how to edit my tik tok?

...

In reality, Tommy planned to catch up on work today, but he instantly backtracked the moment Daiyu asked that. It might've been the fact he's spent days procrastinating about this work, or it could be the prospect of hopping on another hours-long call with her... (he won't admit it's the latter, so he keeps it to himself).

...

Call me

opening discord rn

👍