Chapter 42

(Coincidentally, and unbeknownst to Daiyu, she wasn't alone with her thoughts in the wake of day).

Her tantalizing, unbearable thoughts as she lay in bed, brain muddled. She threw an arm over her forehead while her other hand held up the infamous polaroid photo for her to gaze at. She felt increasingly weird the longer she stared and agonized why she couldn't stop looking.

Fluffy locks, blue orbs, and crisp angles taunted her. She felt almost guilty as if she was looking, longing for something she couldn't have.

How would he feel about this, idiot?

You don't deserve him.

But that doesn't–

May snores from the other side of the bed, and it's enough to bring her crashing back to reality. Sighing, she dropped the polaroid and swung her legs in to a sitting position. She glanced over her shoulder at May and Joseph who's currently curled up against her. She slept soundly, unperturbed to her friend's inner turmoil.

She'll make them pancakes, distract herself, and hopefully never think about this again, she settles on (although apprehensively).

...

Tommy and Daiyu unsurprisingly play Minecraft on stream for her first appearance and introduction to his stream. They play on Tommy's server, and they start off by creating havoc with whoever joins. It's hectic and incredibly funny.

Slowly, the dynamic shifts in to a chill mining stream where they do Q/A. The comments move lightning fast and it's nearly impossible to read a single one until slow mode is activated.

"No, I'm not getting back with Wilbur," she answers one of the questions (and, yes, she had to of picked the most bizarre one). "Maybe one day but that day is not anytime soon."

Tommy grumbles, "Wilbur fucking hates you."

"No, he does not!" She huffs, "It is, in fact, the other way around."

"Keep telling that to yourself."

"I divorced him and he practically begged me to stay."

After a bit of some uproar from chat, Tommy quickly clarifies, "Chat, by the way, this is all a joke. It's Chopin lore, Daiyu never dated Wilbur." He adds on second thought, "Or married."

"That's what you think..."

Annoyed, Tommy mutters, "Jesus Christ."

Aside from the normal get-to-know-you questions like "what's your favorite color" or "who's your favorite artist," Daiyu's fairly surprised by the amount of dating questions she gets. Not entirely just the dating aspect but that they're about Tommy. She's able to catch quite a few before they're quickly deleted by moderators. Most are blatantly "are you guys dating?" Of course, she doesn't acknowledge those to avoid making Tommy uncomfortable.

Tommy clearly has other motives.

"Chopin, how do you feel about shipping?" Tommy asked, and it throws Daiyu off-guard. He seems to notice her hesitance, "Sorry, that was a bit random."

"What do you mean by shipping?" Daiyu questions naively, her accent heavy. "Like spork duo?"

"N-no? Like..." Tommy trails. She looks over at chat and recognizes the spams of "Oh no" and "STOP." She's remarkably confused.

"Is it a bad thing?"

Tommy quickly interjects, "No, it's not—well it can be, but it depends for everyone. It's basically when you pair two people together."