Chapter 36

Tommy's content is funny, Daiyu decides. She especially likes his vlogs and the chill to extreme nature of them. Funnily enough, Tommy acts almost shy when he heard she binged his videos, but he's happy nonetheless.

Currently, Daiyu's in the midst of setting up Discord on her computer which sits upon a shoddy desk and an even more dingy setup. She'll have to make the best of it. After choosing a cute profile picture for her account, she joins Tommy's server.

...

"Daiyu, can you hear me?" Tommy's voice rings through Discord.

Daiyu pumps her fist up, "Yes, it's working! How does my mic sound?"

"Not bad, not bad. You should try your camera as well," Tommy says, as his own facecam pops up alongside her profile picture.

Clicking a few settings with heavy concentration later, the camera finally works. Tommy's voice comes shortly after.

"Where the hell are you? Why is your wall just bricks?"

Daiyu pouts. "It's the only space I had for this, and that wall is very lovely, thank you very much."

"It's barren. Desolate."

"Just like my soul: it's symbolic." Tommy huffs out a laugh, and soon they're both laughing. Admittedly, this situation is a bit awkward because they've barely talked over the phone let alone face to face—it's still nerve-wracking. Especially on Daiyu's end, she's never recorded a Youtube video. She just hopes that most people will like her or at least find her decent.

"Are you okay?" Tommy asks, understanding. "Feeling a bit nervous?"

Daiyu forces a laugh, "Kind of? I'm afraid I'll mess this up."

Tommy immediately looks sorry for her, and Daiyu almost feels peeved at that. "Don't worry about it, you'll do fine. It'll go by fast, and you know why?" Daiyu shakes her head. "Because I'll make sure you have fun."

"That sounded threatening."

"It was," Tommy affirms. Daiyu smiles, and he seems to notice because he smiles back. "Alright, do you want to hop in a call with my friends now?"

His friends will be making appearances throughout the recording, some staying the full duration.

Daiyu nods, although apprehensively, "Sure!"

...

After a brief introduction with Ranboo (Tubbo's platonic husband, she presumes), she's pretty much met everyone who'll be recording with them. Phil was someone she met earlier on when she needed help setting up her camera and OBS, he's a godsend.

"WILBAH!" Daiyu shouts the moment Wilbur joins the call, as she spots his face cam.

Wilbur looks like he's gone through the five stages of grief by the time he replies, "Yes, Chopin?" Daiyu backtracks because this man is beautiful and his accent almost ruins it.

"This is a miracle. I've been waiting to meet the estranged father of my baby for years." Daiyu wipes a fake tear, as she hears Discord ding. "I thought this day would never come."