>2<

George POV.

I woke up as we came to a stop and slowly opened my eyes.
The car was parked in front of an old, rusty, moss-covered steel bunker, which was covered with vines and ivy.
From a distance you would never see this hiding place between all the trees, but we were close enough to see the entrance of it.

My father grabbed my shoulder, not knowing that I was already awake and I winced.
He seemed amused by this and gave a short laugh, then his mood changed again and he motioned wordlessly for me to follow him as I locked my eyes on him.

He got out of the car and I did the same, only then did I see the other cars that were parked there.
Three more of them, two black BMWs and a gray Mercedes.

You could clearly tell that this weird bird dude needed the money desperately...

With a few steps I stood behind my father and watched him as he knocked on the door in a certain beat, it almost sounded like Morse code.

When he knocked one last time, a crack opened in the steel door to reveal the sunglasses of a man who was clearly there to verify that the person was really who they thought they were.
He eyed my father for a few seconds and turned his gaze to me, he didn't seem to know about me and whispered something to my father, who answered in a more serious and louder tone.

"He belongs to me. I assure you, he won't do anything."

His head turned to me and I noticed him looking at me out of the corner of his eye, presumably to say that not only to this guard, but to me as well.
In response, I just lowered my head and looked at my shoes on the mossy forest ground.
A few seconds later I heard the creaking of the door and followed my father, again at a distance, into the bunker.

Once inside of it, I raised my head again and looked around.
We were just walking through a small hallway that also had doors to storage on either side.
There were signs on the doors, which described what was stored there with a printout.

Explosives, enter with caution.

Guns / Weapons, don't enter without permission or by yourself without a professional.

I continued to follow my father down the hall until he stopped in front of another door and glanced at me over his shoulder, before sighing, turning around completely and walking closer to me, which surprised me a little.
He put a hand on my shoulder and looked down at me, however, his gaze wasn't the one I was used to see from him.
His lips had fallen into a small smile and he seemed to think about something for a moment before suddenly pulling me into a hug.

The embrace was quite short and he didn't stay in the hug for more than three seconds, so I hadn't had the time to react or hug him back.
It shocked me a whole lot, if I'm being honest.
He seemed to recognize my confused state and ran a hand through his hair.

"...I don't know what's going to happen in there...
You should know that you are very... Important to me."

He smiled again, but his smile faded as quickly as it appeared and he turned to open the door in front of us.
I followed him and lowered my head again when I saw three more men in the room.
I watched him closely as my father walked towards a table in the center of the room.
A man, presumably the Hawk, stood on the other side of the table and the room was engulfed in silence for a few seconds, before the man in front of my dad spoke up.

"You haven't changed much, James."

The Hawk's voice was deep, strong, and menacing, sending a chill down my spine.

"I can say the same thing about you, old friend."

They laughed a little at their own words.
It felt fake, not like a real friendship, more like a bond, assuring both of them that the other wouldn't attack or betray them.
But that was mostly the case in this business.
They knew it as well as I did.