>12<

George POV.

Around two and a half weeks passed and I was released by Puffy, although I didn't know where I was or where to go.
She only instructed me how to get out of the building and told me that I would be helped afterwards, including that I would have to come to her three times a week for a few hours to do a few tests and continue my therapy with her.
So far she hadn't had any real success as I found it quite difficult to talk to her about the subject, but she said it wasn't a problem at all and that I should take all the time I needed to open up.

So I was alone, without any property or anyone to tell me how to proceed after I found my way out of the building.
I walked through the many hallways with only the repetitive thought of the given directions until at some point I heard voices.
They came closer to me accompanied by footsteps until two men walked in my direction at the end of a corridor.

"He didn't want him to- George!"

Of course, I recognized Nick right away and started smiling as he ran towards me, he threw himself into my arms just a few seconds later and I stumbled back a few steps.
He didn't hug me for too long or too tightly, aware that my ribs were still hurting a bit as they hadn't healed completely yet.

"We were just about to go and take you to your new room!"

The man behind Nick spoke up after I was released from the hug and smiled excitedly at me.

"I'm Karl, I'm very happy to meet you! I've heard a lot about you!"

His fluffy light brown hair bounced a little with his movement as he held out his hand.
I smiled and returned the gesture, shaking hands and noticing the blue (?) nail polish on his fingernails, which was already starting to peel off.

"I'm happy to meet you too, Nick talks about you a lot when he visits me."

Karl smiled at his boyfriend, Nick just blushed and started arguing against that, although we all knew it would be useless to deny it.
The couple led me to the exit, however, instead of exiting, they directed me to another area of ​​the building.
After walking for a while we reached a kind of foyer in which there were several sofas, armchairs, chairs, tables, three screens and many other things.
Nick turned to me and clasped his hands together, I flinched at the sound and got an apologetic look from my best friend in return, before he spoke up.

"This is the members' lounge, here you can talk in peace, play board games, play on a console with the screens, eat... You can do whatever you want to be honest!"

I nodded and continued to follow him to a doorway, there was a path straight ahead and a path to the right. Nick went straight ahead, so me and Karl followed after him.

"Here is the kitchen, over there is the dining room and the sliding door from here leads to the garden."

He pointed in each direction in which the spoken things were.

"Okay, so the dining room is directly connected to the hallway and the stairs, just so you know."

We followed him through the dining room back to the hallway, it turned out the path to the right led there and to the stairs, which we now climbed.

"I forgot to say that the teenagers live in the rooms we walked by earlier. We didn't want to take away their privacy..." Karl leaned close to my ear and whispered the ending to Nick's sentence; "...and they can be really annoying when you're trying to spend some time alone."

"Sooo... In the first few rooms here are Karl and me, if you ever need anything you can come to us. Quackity is here in this room, take my advice and stay away from him, he can be... weird sometimes... And Wilbur lives in that one there, probably not for long though. This room is a guest room, Niki is there right now and will probably move into Will's old room when he's moved so it can be used as a guest room again. And then your future room, of course, is back here. It was vacant for a long time because Technoblade moved out to live alone, so you can use it from now on!"

Nick explained this while pointing to the intended doors or standing in front of them to indicate which rooms he was referring to.
I just nodded again in response, but suddenly I heard one of the doors open and I was startled when Niki suddenly threw herself into my arms.

"George! Oh my god I'm so happy you're okay!"

She started sobbing and hugged me tighter, I narrowed my eyes and tried to keep my mouth shut while I could feel my ribs hurting from the pressure.
Karl seemed to notice my facial expression and put a hand on Niki's shoulder.

"His ribs, Niki..."

The young woman let out a startled gasp and put her hands over her mouth, I tried not to let my pain show, but it was clear to me that this wasn't really working.

"Shit, I'm so sorry! Sorry! Fuck that was stupid, I should have thought more-"

"It's okay Niki, I'm happy to see you're okay too..."

I smiled at her reassuringly, even though one of my hands was at the side of my torso on one of my ribs to try and soothe the pain a bit.
She seemed to realize this and just nodded with an apologetic smile, I didn't want her to feel guilty but I knew I would feel the same way if it had been the other way around.

"Well, let's go to our room now, you can go to your own. If there's anything you need, want to know or want to talk about, come to us, dinner is at half past seven, today we'll order something Chinese!"

;Karl explained and gave Nick a quick kiss on the cheek when he complained about the choice of food before disappearing into their room together.
Niki offered to stay with me for the time being and go to her room together to talk, so I decided to go with her.

She and I talked for a bit about a few different things, such as her time in the other Mafia, how she got involved, what she did beforehand and how she felt with joining Dream's team.
We both avoided the subject of what happened in the Hawk's mansion and pretended our first encounter didn't happen in that building, what comforted me a bit as she really tried her best to distract me from the memories of my time there.

After a few hours of talking, me sitting on her bed and her being seated at her desk, I felt myself getting more and more tired, Niki didn't really seem to notice this as she told me about how she wanted to join Puffy at the doctors office to work with her soon.
I couldn't stay focused for long and felt myself drifting off a few times, slowly giving in and just falling asleep in the middle of one of Niki's sentences and falling onto my side on the mattress of her bed.

1248 words
Gosh normal human interactions are so hard to write. Like this is not natural at all. But ig I can live with the discomfort this chapter gives me 😀