>29<

Dream POV.

I woke up the next morning to my phone vibrating and ringing on my nightstand and groaned in annoyance when I realized it was only half past four in the morning.
With a quick glance at the screen, I was able to identify the caller; it was Sapnap.
With a tired sigh, I took the call and rubbed my eyes while half-yawning and greeting my best friend.

"Good morning Sap..."

My voice was still a bit deeper than usual from the sleep I was interrupted from a few seconds ago, but Sapnap answered with a completely awake and almost excited voice.

"Hi, Dream! Sorry for the wake up call, we just wanted to ask how George is."

I looked at my phone in confusion and sat up in my bed, feeling uneasy.

"What exactly do you mean..?"

He seemed to hesitate a bit, but then he laughed a little, but it sounded puzzled and a bit fake.

"Eh... you know...? George went with you yesterday and you stayed at your house that night. Phil and the boys said you lost him briefly, but then after you found him left without saying goodbye.
It almost sounded like you two hooked up-"

"Sapnap. George is not with me."

I got up from my mattress and walked towards my closet to take my clothes out.
Something was definitely wrong.

"What? But... He didn't get here yesterday..."

My heart stopped for a second and I froze mid-movement.

"Sap. He's not- No... Fundy. Fundy told me yesterday that he called George a cab to the headquarters because he was drunk and he didn't want anything to happen to him. He specifically told me that George is with you..."

There was silence on the other side of the call for a moment, but then I could hear frantic movement and whispering in the background.

"You think Fundy lied...? Would he really do that?"

"Sapnap. It doesn't matter what Fundy's intentions were at the moment. George isn't with me and you're not with him either. Anything could have happened- we have to look for him."

I pulled a black t-shirt over my head and put on a pair of jeans.

"Of course. I'll let the others know."

"Okay. We'll meet back at yesterday's warehouse as soon as possible- and please bring Puffy and some of her equipment. He could be hurt..."

I was already starting to walk down the stairs to the lower floor and it sounded like Sapnap was doing the same on the other side of the call.

"Okay, we'll be there as soon as we can. See you then."

"See you."

I hung up and slipped my phone into my pocket as I reached for my keys.
I headed straight out of my house, ran to my car, and got in so I could get going immediately.

My hands were shaking a bit, but I wasn't sure if it was because of the night cold or because of my nerves.
George was gone.
He was fucking gone.
Maybe Fundy had lied and done something to him.
Or maybe he hadn't lied and the taxi driver had used his drunken state to hurt or abuse him.
Maybe there was a car accident and George was already dead.

I didn't want to think about what might have happened to him.
The only thing I had to think about was that we would find him right away and bring him to Puffy if he was hurt.
I wanted George back.
I needed him.
I didn't know what I would do if we couldn't find him again.