>4<

George POV.

When I opened my eyes again, I was lying on the cold floor of a basement.
My ropes were untied and there was no cloth tied around my eyes or mouth.
To my relief, I was still wearing all of my clothes, though I seemed to have gotten more hurt than I was before as my chest ached with every breath I took.
To check what had happened, I unbuttoned my shirt a bit, only to find my suspicions confirmed.
I knew this pain was familiar, because it was the same pain I suffered many times because of my father.

There were several new injuries and blue and purple bruises on my chest, some open and bleeding, some not.
I whimpered at the sight and buttoned my shirt back up so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore.
The thought alone hurt enough, I didn't need the sight to remind me of what was being done to me in my sleep.

What was done to me in my sleep...

I sat up completely and looked around in a panic, and luckily for me, I was alone in the dark room.
With the support of the wall, I got up on my feet and tried to walk, which I managed without any major pain.
Relief spread through my body, I slid back down the wall onto the floor, pulled my legs up to my chest and hugged them, resting my head on my knees.
At least they didn't fucking rape me while I was unconscious...

Unfortunately, this time I didn't know any way out and really didn't know what to do.
There were no windows in the basement, no furniture and I was completely alone, the only reason I was even able to see that, was because of a faint light that crept in through a crack underneath the locked metal door.

Maybe it was better that way...

Ever since James took me into his mafia business after my mother died, I hadn't had time for my friends or other people in my life.
All my time was wasted by preparing for his missions, sometimes hosting and planning his meetings, plus cooking, cleaning, doing the laundry and doing all sorts of household chores for myself and him.

It hurt me a lot when he presented me to the Hawk with no regret or pain in his voice, knowing what would happen to me if he did.

But now I had nobody.
No family who would care about me, no friends who would notice that I was gone and no one who wanted to pull me out of the situation or offer me help.
I was literally helpless.

I couldn't pretend that James didn't mean it this time.
He wanted to get rid of me, he didn't love me and didn't care that I would probably die after having my body used without consent.

It was at that moment that I realized, probably for the last time, that I was completely alone.
The feeling of not having anyone, not being loved by anyone and wanting to die was definitely not unknown to me.
Maybe my entire life I had lied to myself about how my father loved me, but I was only doing this to avoid what would happen if I didn't.

With a sad smile and tears in my eyes, I pulled up the sleeve of my shirt and sobbed.

Maybe I should never have stopped doing it.
Maybe a few more scars wouldn't have hurt.
Maybe I should have killed myself back then, so I wouldn't have to experience what was happening now.
Maybe my best friend at the time shouldn't have stopped me when I was trying to kill myself.
Maybe I really should have done it, since I obviously was of no value to James or anyone else anyway.

And what had my survival led to?
Only to my own sorrow and pain, this time it wasn't just mentally, but mainly physically.
Even if I killed myself this time, which I sadly couldn't do since I didn't have anything to do it with, my best friend wouldn't even be able to stop me from doing it.
James had forced me to cut ties with him and after two months of trying to reach me, he gave up and we hadn't spoken for years.

He was always able to help me back then when I needed it and he stayed by my side through the pain I felt when my mother died, but James had to take that friendship away from me like everything else.
Like my desire to live, now in the captivity of a man who only wanted to take advantage of me.
He traded my life for his gain as the leader of the Blue Mafia and didn't regret it for a single second.

How stupid I was to think he meant what he said to me...
I was really naive to think that he cared about me, that I was important to him and that he would love me as a son.
His hug was fake, his voice was fake when it sounded so deceptively friendly and his entire personality towards me that moment was just a flat out lie, an excuse for what he was already plotting to do in the car when he explained how he could afford the exchange!

I wiped the tears from my face and whimpered painfully.

It didn't matter what I thought of him now, what he had done and how I got into this situation in the first place.
Fact was, I couldn't do anything about it and just had to accept it as it was.
Of course I would try to fight back, but I wasn't sure if that would even do anything other than anger him and make my situation worse than it already was.

With a sigh, I ran a hand down the side of my torso, but pulled my fingers away as I felt a pressing pain on my rib.
Either that asshole that kicked me had injured my ribs badly or had broken them, neither would be very good, to put it kindly.
A very badly injured rib would take anywhere from 2-8 weeks to stop hurting, but a broken rib was far more dangerous than that.
A broken rib could, at worst, lead to an agonizing death as the broken bone, or rather the dislocation and fracture, could damage the lungs and cause internal bleeding.

I laughed to myself, wishing it was just an injury, although both were very possible.

I just lay curled up on the floor for a long time, suffering from my own thoughts.
It could have been seconds, hours, or days and I wouldn't have noticed.
After such a short time, or a long time, I wasn't even sure anymore, I had already lost my sense of time.

At some point I must have fallen asleep, because I soon woke up again to the squeaking of the metal door and to the Hawks voice, which was now unpleasantly familiar to me.

1187 Words

A.N.
And welcome back to another episode of 'George angst until death do us part'.
ah yes. sensational.