>25<

Dream POV.

When I got to Wilbur's computer room and was about to open the door, it opened before I could even touch the handle.
With great surprise, I was knocked over by Ranboo, who wasn't expecting me any more than I was expecting him, which is why we both landed on the ground a few seconds later.
The teenager rubbed his head, cursing under his breath while I rubbed my knee before we both looked into each other's eyes wordlessly and started laughing in sync.

"Sorry Dream, I was just going to look for you. Will wanted to talk to you about your guys' meeting with Schlatt."

Slightly furrowing my eyebrows, I got up off the ground once I had calmed down from the laughter and then reached out my hand to help Ran as well and spoke up.

"It's not just our meeting. Tommy, Tubbo and you are there too, aren't you?"

He raised his eyebrows in surprise, as if he hadn't expected that answer at all, and hesitated a bit before answering me again.

"N- Of course... Sure, okay... uh... we will see each- eh, see you then. Yeah."

With these words he quickly made his way out of this conversation and basically bolted away, which made me a little suspicious.
Why was he acting like it was so awful to attend the meeting...?

"Dream! Come in, I have something to talk to you about..."

~~~(time skip because they need a bit of privacy in their weird meetings too from time to time... Also I'm lazy)~~~

"Thanks for the clarification, that calms me down a bit.
Jschlatt's group can seem a bit... menacing..."

After relieving Will of his worries about the people who would be in attendance, I gave him an encouraging smile and put a hand on his shoulder before taking it off him and turning around, leaving the room a little later to check if George and Puffy were done so I could pick up the brunette.
I hated to admit that I had missed him a lot.
Even though it had only been about three hours since I last saw him...
Maybe I was a bit clingy, but to be honest, I didn't really give a fuck.

On the way back I realized how much time was actually left until the meeting would take place.
It was certainly more than four hours before Jschlatt and his group would arrive at the place we picked out.
We had agreed to meet in an old, abandoned warehouse outside of town, as there was always a chance someone might be followed by possible enemies and we didn't want to risk any unnecessary interruptions to the conversation.

As I kept walking, I thought of various things, but in the end all my thoughts brought me back to a certain topic;
How could I make progress in getting closer to George?

When I put the question like that, it sounded even more pathetic.
Did I even have time for that kind of approach?
Would he even want anything close to a relationship with me?
Could I allow myself to associate him with me and thereby put him in greater danger, as he could be used as leverage on me by my enemies?

I had spent a lot of time worrying about that last question in the past couple of weeks, but maybe it wasn't actually relevant.
Maybe I didn't need answers to those questions.
Maybe the situation would resolve itself if I just had a little more patience.
Maybe my feelings would go away, George would find a new place to live, we would grow apart, eventually find someone else, fall in love and nothing would come of those then faded feelings.

Or maybe something else would happen.
Who could predict a future in a business that could easily make every day your last..?

--------------------------------------------------
+-=+-=+-=+time skip+=-+=-+=-+
--------------------------------------------------