>7<

Dream POV.

Tears streamed from James' eyes as his face turned red, but he tried to kick and punch me, which did him no good and only resulted in me tightening my grip on his throat.
He wouldn't give me my money back, so I would cut off his air supply until he gave it to me, or until his lifeless body would fall to the floor.

"I- I'm- s-sorry! I- I'll give you t- the money! I'LL GIVE IT TO YOU!"

I let go of his neck and watched him fall to the floor against the wall while he gasped and rubbed his skin where my hand had previously rested.
With contempt in my eyes, I leaned down and lifted his chin so that he had to look at my face, or rather my mask.

"Why did you do it when you knew that you can't win against us?
You didn't even try to flee and leave the state!"

He just slumped even more and it seemed to me that he couldn't deal with how aggressive and loud I spoke to him.
However, I didn't care.
I needed my answers, my money, and a damn good explanation for why he was trying to screw us over like that.

"I didn't even know the stuff was fake..."

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair in annoyance.

"Where did you get it from anyway?
I would have expected more from a weapon dealer like you..."

He shook his head with a frown and motioned for me to give him a bit of space.
I took a step back and watched him stand up straight again and smiled slightly as I realized how short he was in comparison to me.

"I'm not usually a weapon dealer...
This time I wanted to take the money to use on myself and my new girlfriend, though."

With a furious face, I eyed him again and tried not to laugh as I considered his stupid excuse.

"So either you're just now admitting that you sold me the guns for a higher price than you bought them, or you're admitting to being an idiot and just trading the same amount of money for the stuff. Neither of the options really help your imminent death sentence a lot..."

His face paled after my last comment and it was clear how scared he was getting at that moment.
At least it would teach him not to betray me like that...

"Or..."

He suddenly smiled, which surprised me a bit.
Still, I let him continue and decided to listen to him.

"... It's neither one, nor the other..."

"What do you mean by that?"

I heard Techno's voice behind me and cocked my head to the side.
Maybe I hadn't considered that possibility yet...
He could have gotten the goods with a different kind of payment and wanted to win the money he might not have gotten in any other way.

"I want to say, that this agreement with the weapon dealer I met relieved me of a burden.
He- it was always gett in my way, so it was a win-win situation."

Did he think I was deaf?

"Who did you give to the dealer for the weapons?"

James didn't seem to expect that question and shook his head, trying to change the subject.

"It doesn't matter.
The problem here is that I've been fooled, and so have you, Dream.
So I'd be more concerned about that if I were you."

He brushed the dirt of the forest ground off his jacket and was about to turn to leave, but I grabbed his shoulder and stared deep into his eyes.

"If I ask you something..."

I grabbed one of his arms and twisted it behind his back, causing him to let out a pained scream.

"...you're going to answer my fucking question!"

He nodded with tears in his eyes and whimpered slightly when I stopped twisting his arm.
My hand still rested on his forearm, though, to be able to twist it back onto his back if he tried something stupid.

"So, James. Who did you give away for the weapons?"

Quackity's voice was heard behind me, and I looked expectantly at James to indicate that he should answer his question.

"It..."

He sighed, but it didn't seem like a sigh of regret or sadness, more like one of pressure and nerves.

"It was my son.
He got in my way a lot, and I knew the salesman would take whoever he'd get, so I did what anyone else would have done."

For a few seconds no one raised their voice and just stared in shock and disgust at the man who kept his head down.
However, this silence was broken by me when I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and punched him straight in his face.
James seemed to have expected this and showed me no reaction to the act, which made me wonder if there was even a shred of reason and sympathy in this man.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!
Are you insane?!"

Again he didn't answer me and didn't even look up, which made me hit him again out of pure anger.
I might've been a killer and not a very good person, but at least I believed in some type of morals.

"He's your own son you psychopath! How old is he?!"

He didn't answer me, so I hit him again.

"How old is he..."

The low tone of my voice finally got him looking into my eyes, or the eyes of my mask, and answering me after a sigh.

"He's 21, but I'm sure he'll be fine, nothing will happen..."

"nothing will happen...?! Nothing will happen?! My God are you this fucking stupid?!
Your son might get tortured, raped or even killed!
How can you, as his father, treat him like that and just say that it's 'fine'?!"

"George is not my son! He is a disgrace to the Davidson family and brought me nothing but shame and regret for even having him in the first place!"

I was about to swing back to hit him again, but was stopped by a hand on my arm.
Glancing over my shoulder, I realized it was Sapnap and let him over to James, who just watched with confusion and anger in his light eyes.

Sap stepped closer to James and looked down at him before speaking up with tears evident in his eyes.

"Does your son have brown hair, brown eyes and... Is color blind?"

James seemed even more confused than before, nodded hesitantly and immediately got a hook to the chin.

"George was my best friend..."

Another hit.

"I thought he died!"

Another one.

"And you sold him to someone who might actually take him away from me this time?!"

He hit him again, again and again, to the point where I had to intervene and stop him from killing James- both because we still needed to know who he had sold his son to, and because I wanted to do it myself.

"James, who did you give George to?"

He looked at Sapnap and shook with fear, then turned his head back to me and answered, crying.

"'The Hawk' sold the weapons to me for George..."

For this answer he got hit again by Sapnap, which even knocked out a tooth from his mouth and made him fall to the ground unconscious.

1245 Words

I just realized that I didn't update this story in a bit, but oh well... I'll post the next few chapters as soon as possible :) chapters 8 and 9 are very bad. For the characters, I mean. Like... Trauma for 'em. But heyyy, what'd you expect from me? I'm known for tormenting my characters, bc angsty stories are the best. Fluff is way harder to write... Anywayyyy...

Hope you have a good day/night, don't forget to eat and drink something if you haven't already and try to get some fresh air, get some good sleep and take care of yourself! Ily <3