>33<

... POV.

(for the drama)

I gripped my carry-on bag a little tighter than before and started running faster.
It was raining very heavily and it only got worse by the minute, so I wanted to hurry up.
I had always hated the rain, and I didn't want to stay in the wet much longer.
The darkness of the night enveloped me in its chill and made me shiver, but I gritted my teeth and I had to resist the urge to eventually stop and search for somewhere warm and dry to stay for a while.
The quiet, calm rain that was painting the grass with droplets of water just a few hours before had started to fall harder and harder from the pitch black sky, and I cursed this terrible weather for having my clothes cling to my body in a very uncomfortable way.

My thoughts were focused on only one action; finding the mansion hidden deep in the forest and finally meeting the person I needed to see.
He would certainly be happy to hear my messages, especially if he saw all of the beautiful pictures I took.
Oh, how he would adore seeing all of it...

A roar of thunder snapped me out of my thoughts as I flinched and ran on, only to be swallowed up by the thicket of the forest shortly afterwards.
The ground was dirty, damp, and uneven, and occasionally I slipped on roots and wet moss, but I kept on running, not even stopping once to catch my breath.
I didn't care that my feet hurt, my lungs felt like they were bleeding and my legs couldn't take it much longer; I had to get there by eight.
Who could guess how he would react if I didn't come at the right time...?

After a long while of navigating through the trees, panting, soaked in rain and completely exhausted, I could finally see a warm light in the distance.
I ran faster, my grip on my bag tightened, and my destination was in sight.
I couldn't keep a relieved smile off my face, and I slowed my steps slightly as I neared the guarded doors at the entrance.
With a deep chuckle and a slight shake of my head, I stepped under the awning onto the dry wooden floorboards and made eye contact with one of the two men in tuxedos who saw me arrive.

"Tyler, Chris! Long time no see, ay?"

I spread out my arms and stepped closer to Tyler, he grimaced in disgust and stepped aside to avoid the extremely wet hug.

"He's waiting for you. Just go in and stay away from the expensive stuff. We can't afford to pay for everything you destroy anymore..."

I laughed softly in response to his statement, knowing that he was still pissed at me for purposefully breaking some stuff in our old home a few months ago.
What can I say, it's fun to cause a little disruption here and there from time to time. It wasn't my fault that the Somnium group took so much from us...
My smile faded rather quickly as I walked past them both into the building, again, grabbing my bag a bit tighter and making sure it was still hung around my shoulder safely.

After a few minutes of walking, I found the room I was looking for and entered, only to see the familiar decor.
We were only staying in this mansion at that moment as we couldn't stay in our old headquarters anymore after Dream's pathetic friends broke in, looking for the boss and that brunette cunt.
We couldn't come back, so we had to find an alternative; which led us to this beautiful house.

Tyler had said that I should go straight to the boss, but I wanted to at least be able to change into some other, dry clothes beforehand.
I went to the closet and opened the doors, found a shirt, pants, and new socks, and changed as quickly as I could.
After I put my shoes back on, I grabbed my bag again and left my room to make my way to the room we agreed to meet at.

Everything around me seemed unnecessarily posh and elegant; it wasn't like that in the old quarters.
I still liked the Jschlatt base best, though.
He always made sure the others didn't overwork themselves, and took care of us, kind of like a dad. Well, most of the people working there did have daddy issues, so I guessed that's why everyone loved him so much as a boss.
But, truthfully, he was a very cool guy. Almost a friend.
He made the place that we stayed at very pleasant, like, it had lots of cozy chairs, sofas and stuff everywhere, there was alcohol just laying around wherever you'd need it and it was just the most comfortable house I had stayed at yet.