>36<

Dream POV.

If six months ago I had been told that I would soon be able to spend all of my time with my official boyfriend George and hold him in my arms every night, I would have shot the bearer of said news, cut off their head by their neck and sent it to their family as a threat to never try to mess with me and give me hope like that ever again.
Now, however, it wouldn't be that far away from the truth.
I could do just that, every night since I asked the brunette to go out with me.

It all went by pretty quickly after I asked him out for the first time, and dates like this kept repeating themselves and becoming more frequent, which only strengthened our bond with one another.
We went out a lot now, and even though George was a bit hesitant to make our relationship so obvious in public, I enjoyed showing him off, making others jealous of me and giving people that stared at him and his exposed scars death stares.

George started working with Karl and Wilbur on the technical side of the team, which was a really, really good change.
The three of them became friends pretty quickly and were almost inseparable after just a few days, which made me incredibly happy.
George's visits to Puffy and River became less frequent after his injuries healed up completely, and they taught him some methods of dealing with his panic attacks, which also didn't occur as often anymore.
The doctors helped him tremendously with his physical and mental health, for which I would be forever grateful.

At that moment, George and I were sitting on the couch together, watching a movie while the brunette was curled up next to me, seeming a bit tired.
I had an arm around his shoulders and was stroking the uncovered skin of his arm.
It was dark and cloudy outside. The night was cold and you could clearly tell that winter was approaching quickly.

Earlier in the day we both had a lot to do.
For a short while we had hope that we had found a lead to Fundy, but it was just false hope yet again.
This had actually been happening quite a lot lately; we thought we'd found a lead, but in the end it was just another misleading clue to his location.

George, Karl and Will had suffered quite a bit that day.
All these weeks of work and the many attempts to find the ginger made everyone hopeful, but this hope turned to disappointment every time we had to find out that he would remain undetectable in the end.
My boyfriend had to suppress the awful feelings and memories that came with the mention of the redhead's name, and had to pull himself together for the last few days not to show the others that spending so much time looking for him wasn't doing him any good.
All of George's pent up frustration, anger and pain led to a pretty bad breakdown at work the former day. Sadly, he had only told me about it and his discomfort about the whole thing in general that very day, and it made me a little sad that he hadn't told me earlier because he was just suffering quietly from being so involved with this assignment.

I had immediately made the decision to let him stay home for now so he could calm down from the stress and take his mind off the traumatizing memories.
At first he had complained about not being able to help the others, but that stopped pretty quickly when I told him that they would get support from Ranboo while he'd be away, and they wouldn't be mad because they understood why he was gone.
I also promised him that I'd stay home with him so he wouldn't have to be all by himself, which seemed to make him feel a little better about the situation.
While I wasn't active where I was needed, I put Sapnap in charge. I knew I could trust him with this job.

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when George reached for the remote control to turn off the currently playing movie.
He got up off the sofa briefly and I pulled my arm back to my side before George turned to me and sat down on my lap with his knees on either side of my legs.
His hands rested on my shoulders as I looked up at him with a slight smirk on my face, and my hands quickly found their familiar path to either side of his waist.