>28<

Dream POV.

"Have you seen George?"

I've been walking around the great hall for half an hour now looking for the brunette, but so far I've had no luck.
Eret looked around briefly, presumably to see if she could find him somewhere nearby, before looking at me with pity in their eyes and answering.

"I'm very sorry, but we haven't seen him here for a while now... He was with us a few hours ago and we were talking about his father but we've been separated ever since."

"Okay... Thanks anyway."

I turned and walked up to two specific people who were standing at the corner of the room just chatting about something, laughing.

"Hey Phil, Kristin!"

Both of them gave me a short, startled look before Philza started to smile and approached me.

"Ay mate! Kristin and I were just about to go dancing again, d'you wanna join us?"

I tried to smile politely so I wouldn't reject his question too harshly, but the expression on my face seemed to say clearly that I wasn't ready to enjoy myself at the moment.
Phil's smile fell off his face and he looked at me just like Eret had before.

"What's going on? Has something happened?"

He also looked concerned now, although he didn't seem half as worried as I was.

"Nothing happened but... Did you happen to see George anywhere? I kept an eye on him from afar because he drank quite a bit, then I went to go and talk to Niki for a short time and then he was just gone. I haven't seen him anymore since then and I'm starting to worry..."

Kristin looked like she felt very sorry for me, but Phil had an expression that told me he knew something.

"I saw him with Boo, Tom and Tubs a bit ago, I think. That wasn't very long ago, so I guess they should know something..."

I gave him a grateful nod and turned to look for the three teenagers.
It wasn't long before I found them near Wilbur and Quackity, who seemed to be talking intensely about something, becoming very close in the process.
For some reason I felt like I should talk to either of them about this seemingly intimate conversation of theirs later.

"Tommy, Ranboo, Tubbo!"

They all turned their heads in my direction almost in sync, before Tommy was the first to start grinning widely and walk towards me.

"Ayyyyyy, big D, how are you?!"

"Are you drunk?"

He laughed, put a hand on my shoulder and waved it off, but Ranboo was already answering for him, sighing.

"We tried to stop him from drinking too much. That obviously didn't work out..."

I shook my head with a sigh and looked at Tommy in disappointment, but he just laughed again and stepped away from me to hug Tubbo, which took him by surprise and almost caused him to be knocked over when Tom put his full weight on him.

"What's the matter, Dream? You look a little conflicted."

What an understatement.
Though I had to hold it in, I answered Ranboo without showing my slowly rising panic and fear.

"I'm looking for George, did you happen to see him anywhere? Phil says he saw you guys together earlier."

Ranboo seemed to think for a moment before coming up with something.

"Some guy with red hair wanted to talk him, and they walked off together. I think he's from Jschlatt's team. Unfortunately, that's all I know, sorry."

Fundy.
Why did Fundy want to speak to George of all people?