>41<

...

A few days passed, and it had been a while since Drista moved in with us. I still wasn't completely sure what to think of her, if I was being completely honest.
She hadn't spoken to me much yet, but kept on trying to do so, although most of the time I just tried to avoid her entirely.
I didn't want to know anything about her, didn't want her to tell me anything about herself or Dream that I didn't already know.
She should stay away from me.
I just watched as she grew closer to the others.
They all became friends, talked and laughed together, spent time together and formed friendships.

Wilbur noticed that I was trying to distance myself more from the others and did everything he could to prevent this while he kept talking to me and trying to help me.
He ended up getting exactly what he wanted, which is why I was still simply aware of everything around me without interacting with anyone if I wasn't spoken to directly.

Weeks passed.
George was able to walk again without crutches and without Dream's help, and he began visiting us more often with Dream and exercising with him and the rest of us, especially with Drista after she apologized for her mistake many times and actually befriended George as well.
He wanted to accompany us in the future when we had to do something dangerous outside and he should learn to defend himself and fight back in case someone wanted to threaten him, and Dream helped him learn to fight properly as George kept improving every day.
You always felt incredibly single when you saw the couple together, it was actually almost painful to see how close they were and how much they loved each other.
But of course it was kinda cute, too, if you could look past the pain you felt whenever you realized that you wouldn't ever have something as precious and adorable in your life as they had in theirs.

George did his best to get involved and help us and he pushed himself to the limit even though he often worked himself to the point of exhaustion and worked out for hours on end.
However, after a few chats with the team, they finally got the idea out of his head that he could only help if he tried doing more than was physically possible, and he stopped doing too much.
Still, it was obvious that he was getting stronger, more confident, and just better in general. I once watched him and Sapnap fight, and George overpowered his best friend in less than a minute.
Nice for him.

His efforts were truly breathtaking and it was clear that Dream in particular was admiring his progress.
You could see exactly how much he wanted to protect his boyfriend, and how happy he was that George was able to keep himself safe as well.
They both always looked at each other with such happiness, such love and such wonder in their eyes...
Their relationship gave everyone the proof of the existence of soul mates and the hope of true love.

Months passed, and Wilbur began talking about arguments between himself and his girlfriend Sally more and more often, and everyone noticed that he and Quackity were beginning to grow closer.
They seemed to be taking an example from Dream and George with their constant glances at each other that said so much more than hundreds of libraries filled up the millions of books could ever say.
Will always denied his interest in Q before anyone could even address the remark, but it was useless for him to hide it all anyway.
It didn't take very long for Sally to break up with Wilbur and leave him entirely, and Wilbur began flirting with Quackity more openly.
The flirting turned into dating, and the dates quickly turned into a relationship.
Despite their very obvious love, Wilbur never admitted that the two were dating, although Quackity walked around proudly introducing Wilbur as his bitch.

Time passed and I just kept watching.
Niki started helping Puffy and River out in the medical department, and Tommy would come along with Drista from time to time when we needed to do special jobs or things like that.
Tommy didn't seem to mind all the blood and corpses, and even seemed to enjoy it at times.
A little creepy when you think about it...

...

Personally, I really wasn't a fan of seeing blood, taking people's lives and playing chess with their organs, and never have been.

...Playing with a life, taking it...

I got goosebumps just thinking about it and felt incredibly nauseous.
It made me feel sick.

Images of eyeballs torn out of their sockets flashed in my mind.
They were crying thick, red blood out of empty holes of their skull, which ran down their distorted face, resembling rivers of death and misery.
Other memories, of ears being bitten and ripped off of someone's head, nails plucked out of their fingers one by one, ribs torn out of their torso, lips chewed off of their mouth because they screamed too loud...
Were these their lungs?
Their tendons, their muscles?
Crushed teeth, torn gums, twitching tongues...

Is this their blood on my hands, or is it my own?

I knew what I was supporting there, and I knew the people I tried so hard not to betray.
Dream wasn't a bad person, certainly not.
He had morals, a soul.
However, his soul could darken as soon as something was unfair or wrong in his eyes.
He didn't see it himself, and hardly anyone ever really thought about it.
He had psychopathic traits.
Not as bad as others.
I had known worse, seen worse... I had felt worse.
His countless victims were truly bad people, through, weren't they?
...They had done something wrong, had made many mistakes.
Did they ever regret it?
Did they do it voluntarily?
...Did they actually want to do it?
You can't ask them now, they're all dead.
It's too late for questions like these.

If only they'd just shut their fucking mouths, kept silent from every bad thing they've done...

Is this my heart, beating so loudly I can hear the rhythm in my sleep, or is it theirs?
Was it theirs?

...

Wilbur didn't want me to distance myself, but I knew it was unavoidable on many nights when everyone was asleep.
I had to go into the darkness of the night.
I had to go.
The memories drove me insane.
I could hear someone's heartbeat, I was haunted by the sound, like it was mocking my sheer existence.
I gagged, vomited, coughed and screamed, cried and laughed at just how pathetic I was, only to keep sobbing and cursing my blood for being dirty.

The blood that wasn't fully my own.
It belonged to him, in a way.
We shared.
...I wanted it out of my veins, so it would stop.

And the next day I was back, watching, writing, smiling, and giving up hiding from Will that he was right in wanting to protect me, even though I felt I didn't deserve his protection, not after everything that's happened and everything that took place just because of his morals.

Seconds,
Minutes
Hours,
Days,
Weeks,
Months,
Years.

Five years, to be exact.

Dream and George would get married.
Certainly.
The blond wanted to at least ask him to marry him, with a ring.
He and Sapnap had talked about it, not knowing I was listening to them, hearing every single word they spoke.
I wasn't even sure they knew I was in the building that day.

Dream talked about a silver ring, adorned with a deep blue sapphire.
He would surely like it.

Sapnap urged him to just ask him.
Just ask him on Saturday.

Dream had to pick up the ring on Friday, it had to fit his size. It had to be perfect, George was perfect, he deserved the best.

Sapnap told him to shut up, he'd marry him even if he put a candy ring on his finger. Everyone knew he couldn't say no to Dream.

...

Isn't that just so sweet...?

1369 words

100k reads. Like how. Like what.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. I'm so freaking thankful for your continuing support for this story, and I hope you enjoy it, because plot twist - yeah this just was a 5 year time skip. Next chapter is from 5 years after the Drista event took place.
Before you ask, nah, won't tell ya who that person is.
Could be literally anyone, I'm not even fully sure they've been introduced in the story yet lol
But yes, yes, they're traumatized. Much so.

Anyway, see you next chapter, hope you're doing well, have a good time, take care, byeee ilyyy <3